Help

Retired Teachers

I belong to a group

>

broomrider

I belong to a group
Old 08-11-2019, 07:44 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

of retired teachers. We meet monthly for lunches, BUT tomorrow is our annual celebration of our
NOT Back To School Breakfast. School starts tomorrow for all those still in the trenches (and sometimes it does feel like warfare).

To all the others on here with good reason to celebrate not facing the BTS trials

broomrider is offline   Reply With Quote

TchrFvr

Nbts
Old 08-12-2019, 07:24 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

"Not Back To School" - love it!
Today and tomorrow are meeting days at my school (I retired this past June) then classes start on Wednesday. This is the first time in 59 years that I won't be at school on the first day of school whether as a student or as a teacher. So weird to think of all those years...(smile!)
TchrFvr is offline   Reply With Quote

slg

Old 08-12-2019, 08:15 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Same here! We usually meet the first Monday of the month, but we are making an exception for August 26, the first day of students at our old school. LOVE the idea of calling it Not Back to School Lunch! We will be the happiest people in the restaurant!
slg is offline   Reply With Quote

NJ Teacher

Enjoy your celebration!
Old 08-12-2019, 10:19 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

What a great idea! i wish my retired teacher lunch group did something like that! However, last year, and hopefully this one, on what would be the first day of school for teachers, I drove to the beach, had breakfast at a delightful pavillion food spot on the beach, and relaxed all day. It was the best first-day-of-school ever and hoping for a repeat this year if the weather cooperates.
NJ Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote

ElemEd

Old 08-16-2019, 06:55 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Hooray for you! Hooray for all of us! It is wonderful to keep up the connections and friendships made during our teaching years, and have the leisure to enjoy each other's company.

Our retired teacher's group gets together monthly. the August date is always for lunch on the first day of school. Sadly (but happily!) I will have to miss this year as it happens next Monday, the same day that my DD has a military promotion ceremony. I wouldn't miss that for the world!

ElemEd is offline   Reply With Quote