Help

Substitute Teachers

First job this year is a mystery

>

mrsd5

First job this year is a mystery
Old 08-20-2019, 02:32 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

High school English as an additional support teacher. I'm thinking that it might be for the open position and that the sub they have is going to be gone. Or it could be special ed, but those usually have teacher names. OR it could be for meetings. I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

mrsd5 is offline   Reply With Quote

ElemEd

Old 08-21-2019, 12:46 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

When we get that designation: "additional support teacher" or "additional for the classroom" in the district where I sub, it means an extra teacher (or usually an assistant) is regularly scheduled to co-teach or support the classroom teacher, and the opening is to work for that person.

The reasons for the extra position in classrooms where I have taught have been because of a class size that exceeds the district maximum, or because of a student with medical needs.
ElemEd is offline   Reply With Quote

mrsd5

I was partly right.
Old 08-21-2019, 05:04 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

They had a sub for the new teacher for the first two days of school. She was supposed to start today, but didn't. The previous sub was in for another teacher today, so caught me up. They had gone to the library with her, so I had them read for half the period, and then I pulled some prompts from my butt and put them on the whiteboard while they were reading. Told them I was grading them, and even though they were only ten points, they'd better do them, because they didn't want their first grads to be low. Most kids did a great job. It was a fun day.
mrsd5 is offline   Reply With Quote

SubMan

Old 08-21-2019, 09:19 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Iím doing something similar. I interviewed for a position, they hired someone else, she is on a cruise until Labor Day so Iím the sub until, she comes back. I start tomorrow.
SubMan is offline   Reply With Quote