Physical Education

Rainy Day Activities

>

PE4Life

PE4Life

Rainy Day Activities
Old 06-28-2008, 11:14 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Does anyone have an rainy day activities that could be done inside in a classroom setting with limited space for any age? I teach at a private school with minimal space. Thank you!

coach49

Rainy day activites
Old 09-01-2008, 05:49 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

silent speed ball ,passing a small ball around the room. If the student drop it they are out.
Thumbs ups Seven up, students put head down on desk and seven students get up and put thumbs down on the other students. students then pick who put their thumb down.

Last edited by coach49; 09-01-2008 at 05:56 PM.. Reason: spelling
coach49 is offline   Reply With Quote

cjode

Eraser tag
Old 09-29-2008, 11:32 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

In a classroom, two students have erasers on their heads. I usually find that it is easiest to divide boys and girls into teams. Put them in opposite corners of the room. Call out Boy chase girl. They walk around the desks and the boy chases the girl. Then call out SWITCH and the girl chases the boy. The first one to lose the eraser from the top of their head or to get tagged --the other team gets a point.
cjode is offline   Reply With Quote
pjww

pjww

Chicken Dance
Old 10-20-2008, 03:34 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Kids love to do the Chicken Dance. It is a safe activity that really requires little locomotor movement other than the chorus. For that part I have the students walk about the room either:
by themselves
with a partner
with a swing on the spot with an elbow person.
jawk

jawk

Try this
Old 12-15-2008, 07:24 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Google
Daily Physical Activities and Games

I have found many activities on PedagoNet web site

giver1940

Desk bicycle
Old 08-22-2009, 05:04 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Divide into teams (can include math in this activity). Have students get between two desks and put their hands on top, straighten their arms so their feet are off the floor and move their legs in a bicycling motion. Time them, add the time for each person on the team, see who can go the longest or whatever. It helps with arm strength too. Just be sure that the desks are stable or that another team member hold the desks down so they don't tip.
giver1940 is offline   Reply With Quote

Ideabaker

Desk Bicycle?? Maybe Chairs?
Old 07-19-2010, 10:42 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Hi I teach a class of 12 and 13 year old boys, and my first thought on reading about Desk Bicycling was that it sounds very fun (I actually laughed with glee thinking of it!)... however my desks are kind of weak and my boys quite big, so they might break! Am thinking of trying this though on chairs, they could sit, keep feet parallel to the floor, hands gripping the seat (beside their hips) and cycle for as long as possible. This would be hilarious, good exercise and fun for our many rainy days! Thanks for the inspiration!
Ideabaker is offline   Reply With Quote