Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

Black Friday

>

nickelbackfan

Black Friday
Old 11-29-2019, 04:57 AM

What deals did you get/are you going for?

Anything online?

nickelbackfan is offline   Reply With Quote

twinmom95

Old 11-29-2019, 05:01 AM

We do very little shopping for Christmas anymore since everyone is grown. I've already picked up a few things for the gifts I do get. I bought myself a new robe on clearance on QVC last night haha.

Also we have a handful of stores here and the closest mall is over an hour way ( and haven't been to it in many years), so no thank you, haha. Most is done online.

I've been checking Amazon just to see if there's anything of Interest. I got DD and DS 24 some wikisticks and a book about personal finances for young people for their stockings

The only store I can to go to this morning is CVS to pick up ds24, who is here for the holidays, some cold medicine and Mucinex!

Last edited by twinmom95; 11-29-2019 at 06:02 AM..
twinmom95 is offline   Reply With Quote

juliet4

Black friday
Old 11-29-2019, 05:52 AM

I’ve just never been into the Black Friday shopping. My grandchildren are done and my kids get gift certificates so no need.
juliet4 is offline   Reply With Quote

marguerite2

Old 11-29-2019, 05:58 AM

Left home 6:15am. Returned 8:15am.
Went to Christmas Tree Shop, Bed Bath and Beyond, and Dick's Sporting Goods. Bought one small Christmas gift, one item I'll save for Easter (no idea why it was even in the store now, but the price was great), and lots for me.

Home now eating breakfast, but will head out in about an hour to meet a friend at the local craft show. I usually find a gift or two there.

First time I've done Black Friday stores in a few years. And I usually do the craft show on Saturday.
marguerite2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Cat woman

Old 11-29-2019, 06:00 AM

Black Friday shopping— no thank you!

Cat woman is offline   Reply With Quote

MAsped

Old 11-29-2019, 06:06 AM

I'm getting over a cold, but even if I wasn't, it's cold and rainy lately, so no thanks. I stayed home on Wed, went to the movies yesterday (TG), and will stay home today (Fri). Sat, I'm having my Mom over for our "TG".

I got my new cell phone a few weeks ago which is all I really needed, wanted. It's not any cheaper now for Black Friday than it was when I got it.

Later...
OK, just ordered 2 sweaters from Express.

Last edited by MAsped; 11-29-2019 at 09:05 AM..
MAsped is offline   Reply With Quote

PixieDust

Cell phone is all
Old 11-29-2019, 06:27 AM

Got my cell phone ordered, that is all I get on black friday. I might go online today to grab a few gifts for my boyfriends kids. All I have today is the chiropractor and vegging on my couch!!
PixieDust is offline   Reply With Quote

bison06

Old 11-29-2019, 06:32 AM

We just needed to get a Switch for our boys, but we bought it online Wednesday evening. I was glad I was able to get that ordered online and before the holiday.

I’m ordering a few other gifts from amazon and some say “Black Friday deal”.
bison06 is offline   Reply With Quote

teachnkids

Old 11-29-2019, 06:37 AM

Heading out to Bed Bath & Beyond in a few.

The off to a couple mattress stores to ponder what to get. If the deal isn't awesome it will be nothing!

I also need new black booties. Going to look today while out. If not successful I might drag, literally, my DH with me to the outlets to see if I can be successful.

Bought DS major gift in one stop online last night. Got a few ideas for DD.
teachnkids is offline   Reply With Quote

LaFish

Yes!
Old 11-29-2019, 07:26 AM

We arrived at Home Depot at 6am. Left Home Depot at 6:25 with poinsettias, lights, and shop vac. Headed to Kohl’s and were out of there in 15 minutes. We knew exactly what we wanted and left. Now we just had breakfast at home. We will take a nap and decorate later.

LaFish is offline   Reply With Quote

Violets2

Old 11-29-2019, 09:33 AM

Last night on the way home from dropping my mom off, DS picked up a pair of the beats ear buds from Target. Normally, $200-he got them for $90. He sat at the dining room table last night, used Target's app to order them. Target looked like the airport last night at 9:30! I stayed in the car and people watched while he ran in and picked them up. That's one of his Christmas presents.

DD ran out this morning to Bed, Bath and Beyond to get her BF something--25% more off before noon.
Violets2 is offline   Reply With Quote

eagles23

Old 11-29-2019, 11:20 AM

I met my mom and sister at Lowe's and Home Depot where we bought poinsettias and I also bought a shop vac. Picked up a few stocking stuffers for my sons and then went to breakfast.
eagles23 is offline   Reply With Quote

seenthelight

Old 11-29-2019, 12:17 PM

I got 5/15 people taken care of...thank goodness for Black Friday online. Hopefully, I can finish my list Monday.
seenthelight is online now   Reply With Quote

NJ Teacher

Deals
Old 11-29-2019, 01:32 PM

Did not need much personally and do not have a large list of folks to buy for so...

Talbots offered one 50% off a regularly priced item all week (additional items were 40%) until today at noon when the discount reverted o 40%. I remember it was a zoo on Black Friday there last year so I visited twice and got the top and necklace i wanted. Markdowns were 40% off the markdown price, so I also got a pair of ankle length jeans I can wear now.

Chicos Off The Rack had $25 cardigans. I am giving two as gifts and keeping one. Their store was 50% off today. Did not need anything more from them.

Christmas Tree Shops and Bed, Bath and Beyond offered discount coupons if you were there before noon. I found things in both, including lighted garland, paper goods and home decor.

Tuesday Morning had 20% off toys and discounts on seasonal items from fall. I am contributing to a toy drive, and they had some good quality ones at reasonable prices.

Bath and Bodyworks had buy three get three free sale. I looked around, bu have a lot of that stuff already, so i didn't buy.

Best Buy has a GPS for $79, $50 off the original price. I need this for a friends birthday.

Tervis has 30% off travel mugs. i will be checking this sale for later.

QVC has 6 easy pays, I think on all items. Didn't need anything there this time, either.

Interestingly reading the posts of others above, I have always enjoyed Black Friday shopping. Now, not as much because it is ruined for me by stores opening on Thanksgiving (not a fan), and all these pre-Black Friday deals which makes it difficult to track when the best deal truly is. We used to go out much earlier when it was truly on Friday and when my friend's grandchildren were younger, but now we still enjoy a breakfast out and finding some things. Now i just need to start wrapping and decorating. It's pretty much done.
NJ Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote

anna

Old 11-29-2019, 06:34 PM

We bought nice silverware from Macy's at half off. The deal was until two pm and we made it by fifteen minutes. I bought acrylic stamps and blocks at Joannes at half off as well. Really great sales out there if you can handle the crowds . I did not see these deals online this morning. We only had two things on the list and we found them both at good prices.
anna is offline   Reply With Quote

Ima Teacher

Old 11-29-2019, 07:30 PM

We didn’t go out overnight this year. I ordered stuff online from Kohl’s last night. And I placed a Kroger pickup order. When we ventured out today to get the Kroger order, we went to Walmart. We hate it, but it was one of those times we needed stuff they had. It was crowded, but really no more rude people than usual. It was actually better because they had plenty of lanes open to checkout.
Ima Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote