Anyone gone back to being classroom teacher? - ProTeacher Community

Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Intervention & Title I Services

Anyone gone back to being classroom teacher?

>

3monkeys

Anyone gone back to being classroom teacher?
Old 02-28-2018, 07:26 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am contemplating going back to being a classroom teacher instead of a Title I teacher. There is a second grade opening at my school and I've made up my mind that I'm going to talk to my principal about the position.

I miss teaching all of the subjects. I don't feel like I am as able to use my creativity in my Title I position as I can as a classroom teacher. I miss having "my" class of students.

Anyone gone back to the classroom? Were you happy you made the change?

3monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote

MissMaam

I have switched
Old 03-24-2018, 03:34 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I have switched back and forth between teaching special education and gen ed. I like variety. There are advantages and disadvantages to both. I suppose I am a bit unconventional, but I feel that for me to be at my best for my students I can't be bored with what I'm doing. I have gained so much knowledge having switched as I have. It has allowed me to see things from varying perspectives, which is always advantageous. Whatever you decide, best of luck to you. 😊
MissMaam is offline   Reply With Quote

Vet3Teacher

I get that...
Old 04-10-2018, 05:48 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I've only done Title 1 this year. I really want to go back to the classroom, but if God provides that opportunity I will go for it. However I taught 1st grade for quite a while and want to move to higher grades. My favorite is 3rd. I would love to see if a position opens.
I get the creativity thing. We are pretty limited in Title. I don't feel sometimes I'm doing any good because sometimes I go into the classroom and do the work that a gen ed para could do. However I guess I provide a different sense of instruction.
I like my flex groups, but I'm missing teaching the core. I don't teach math. I sit and watch kids do their worksheets and then I correct them.

Good luck!
Vet3Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote

3monkeys

Old 04-10-2018, 05:52 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Well, my wish has been granted! I will be heading back to the classroom in 2nd grade. Very excited. I needed this boost to get my fire back!
3monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote