Help

Intervention & Title I Services

End of year meetings

>

WGReading

End of year meetings
Old 06-06-2018, 04:14 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I'm curious what end of the year data or year wrap up meetings look like in your building for reading? Our reading team schedules a meeting with every grade level in our elementary building which is attended by the teachers, reading teachers, ESL teacher, SPED teacher and someone from admin. Our reading team leads the meeting, reviews the grade level data, identifies trends at the grade or building level, and then asks for feedback in terms of things that worked well for the team and what they think could have gone better (this is phrased in a non-threatening way and is a chance for our team to start thinking ahead about possible ideas for the next year).

We are in the middle of our meetings now, and I'm curious if others do something similar, or how you do data and program evaluation for reading services in your building.

Thanks!

WGReading is offline   Reply With Quote

Haley23

Old 06-06-2018, 11:18 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

We have data teams every 6 weeks in my building. Each grade level is assigned 100 minutes- 50 minutes is during their regular plan time and roving subs cover the other 50 minutes. The instructional coach leads the meeting. Sometimes the EL teachers attend.

As the sped teacher I attend for my grade levels; generally most of the meetings don't feel like a good use of my time (when you consider that kids are missing services for me to attend these meetings), but my school follows an intervention block model where all kids in the grade level are shared and split into different groups for a 30 minute intervention block in K-3. If I don't go, I end up with huge groups/wildly inappropriate groups in terms of skill level because I'm not there to advocate. The intermediate grades don't follow this model, so the 4-6 sped teacher doesn't go to data teams so she can still see her students. Our P tries to attend but is almost always pulled out for behavior.

We currently have a literacy grant from the state that requires us to meet certain targets in DIBELS in order to continue receiving the money. At our last data team, we went over the goals and celebrated that we met them all.

Then we were asked to come up with reasons as to why we think we met the goals, identify successes/celebrations, and then identify next steps and what resources (including materials and PD) would be necessary to meet the next steps.
Haley23 is online now   Reply With Quote

luvtulearn

Old 06-07-2018, 08:51 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Before the end of the year our grade levels were having monthly "data" meetings. We really never directly tied them to our intervention data but that is the plan for next year. Most schools in our district use DIBLES but we use the intervention program from Wonders and pull from sources like Florida Resource Center and Project Read. Our sped ed director supports multiple means to measure growth. However in our case the intent of data disaggregation far exceeded the actual execution or implementation of any results. Do you all have someone who can tie all these results together? Or do you have a program that can tie it together?
luvtulearn is offline   Reply With Quote

AbcTeacher17

Data Meetings
Old 06-08-2018, 06:09 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

At our school we have data meetings we call “Data Dives”. We have 2 big data dives...that are 1/2 day per grade level. Our SPED and ESL teachers usually do not attend....the focus is ensuring good CORE literacy instruction is happing for all students during the daily 90 minute literacy block. The 1/2 data dives happen after BoY screening and after MoY screening. This is also when each grade level creates a Tier 1 plan for the grade level.... In 3/4th grades the BoY focus is typically addressing Oral reading fluency and acccuracy. We also identify areas of progress monitoring.
We do much of this same as you described but for BoY and MoY we create grade level intervention groups based on student needs ....from foundational skill need - enrichment.
At the end of the year, we meet during grade level planning time...again evaluate much of the same as you describe. We create “watch lists”, intervention lists, and EC common goals to pass along to the next grade level team. We are a high poverty school where students get little assistance outside of the school day. By identifying students with similar instructional needs ... this information helps the next grade level team plan to address needs immediately....when school begins... of course we have student to transfer in and out...but again we identify trends and needs fir the grade level.
AbcTeacher17 is offline   Reply With Quote