Intervention & Title I Services

Anyone out here using Stevenson as a Title 1 Program

>

Deb Peterman

Deb Peterman

Anyone out here using Stevenson as a Title 1 Program
Old 11-01-2018, 11:19 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

We have just been trained in Stevenson for our lowest Title 1 students. We have been using the Fountas and Pinnell LLI program prior. I am struggling with the intenseness of the program and the lack of literature. I am sure Stevenson is a great program I just don't know how it works with regular ed students. Anyone out there have any words of wisdom for me? Thank you

broomrider

Sorry you've had no responses
Old 12-16-2018, 12:41 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

You might post your question on the Busy Board, it gets far more traffic.

As an FYI: you might want to use a nom de ProTeacher in case you ever post something that you wouldn't want your school colleagues reading. Just saying.

Please do come back and post again, new people aren't usually met with a resounding silence.
broomrider is offline   Reply With Quote

Athena17

Old 12-16-2018, 04:59 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I used it in a self-contained classroom for a few years. Then I got moved to a regular classroom, so I have just a tiny bit of experience with it. I liked it so much that I took the whole program with me when I moved. However, the move was so overwhelming to go from self-contained to a tested grade that it fell to the wayside because, yes, it was intense. That's why I put it away when I moved. Thanks for reminding me of it! I am going to find it and give it another try.

I remember some reading books that came with it, but I probably paid out the wazoo for them. I got anything I asked for back then. Those were the good old days! When I go back tomorrow, I will see if I can find it and give you more feedback!
Athena17 is offline   Reply With Quote