Help

Substitute Teachers

Last Day of School

>

SubMan

Last Day of School
Old 06-06-2019, 03:58 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Last day of school this year is tomorrow... and i’m subbing. Should be fun, I might wear shorts as I recall the rooms get hot in the afternoon. I could get lucky and get switched to a classroom in the air conditioned part of the school (aka “the new wing”) but that never happens.

SubMan is offline   Reply With Quote

mooba1

Old 06-06-2019, 04:54 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

You might get switched to the air conditioned part of the school??? Obviously you don't live in Texas.

Enjoy your summer, SubMan!
mooba1 is offline   Reply With Quote

SubHuman

Old 06-08-2019, 10:18 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I went in second to last day of school, and watched kids take a test for 2 hours. Yes, it was boring sitting there watching the teacher administer the test, but it was actually interesting for a couple of reasons. First of all, I was impressed that high school kids could remain completely quiet (talking was strictly forbidden, and teacher did not have to admonish kids even one time to be quiet) and without their phones! Phones were placed in backpacks and backpacks in front of room until test was completed. And it is always interesting for me to see an excellent teacher in action. After test was finished, teacher left the room and it was just me and the class and chaos for a couple of hours.

Then last night I had my recurring dream that I am in college trying to figure out my finals schedule but I know I am flunking and decide to drop out - what a waste of $60,000!!! This time it made me laugh when I woke up because clearly my day at the high school triggered this dream.
SubHuman is offline   Reply With Quote

Nietzsche

Old 06-11-2019, 02:10 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I subbed today and tomorrow is the last day for any district in my area. It looks like I will be done at 12:15. My problem is not the heat but the sun during extended recess.
Nietzsche is offline   Reply With Quote