Kindergarten

Long Term planning notebook

>

jcm

Long Term planning notebook
Old 07-23-2019, 12:44 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hi,
Every summer I swear I am going to sit down and develop a notebook (or other system) to help me plan out the year ahead of time (rough outline of literacy, reading, writing units, etc.). I don't want to store supplies for units in this planning system, just a way to organize resources, etc. Any good advice or systems you use that are user-friendly and you will actually refer to during the year?
Thanks

jcm is offline   Reply With Quote

Sbkangas5

Old 07-23-2019, 05:33 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I have a template that I use - I think I got it from the Simply Kinder blog? I'm not exactly sure as it's been a while. The first year it took a while to plug everything in, but now I just need to tweak the dates (unless it's a year like this one where we have a new curriculum so I need to re-plan math). I don't use it for resources or anything like that. It's just a simple monthly calendar that has what ELA skills we are covering, math units, science units, field trips, monthly theme, assessments that need done, etc. I refer to it a lot over the year to make sure I'm on track to cover everything. It helps my team as well because we don't always use the curriculum in the same way, but it keeps us all on the same page in terms of the big picture.
Sbkangas5 is offline   Reply With Quote