Help

Substitute Teachers

classification for our job does not exist

>

Sirsubalot

classification for our job does not exist
Old 08-03-2019, 02:48 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

When you go to various web sites, such as Ranker, that lists the most common jobs in America, K-12 teachers as a group would probably rank # 1, but teaching jobs are divided into four separate groups: elementary. middle, secondary, and special ed., so the highest ranking group is elementary at over 1.5 million at about # 13.

I guess I am not too surprised that substitute teachers are not classified at all.
According of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, we do not exist.

Ranked together, the number of teachers is likely over 4 million, and would be the # 1 most common job in America. especially if we were included.
I am guessing that subs are probably in some rare " other" group that includes all jobs that are too obscure to have a category.

Sirsubalot is offline   Reply With Quote

SubMan

Old 08-04-2019, 03:37 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Recently, at my big box home improvement job I had a conversation with a bus driver from a district where I sub. He recognized me from doing bus duty. He mentioned that he gets unemployment for being off summers and suggested I drive a bus. It pays $20/hour he said. No thanks I thought, you can't pay me enough to drive a bus and put up with the crazy drivers.

Substitute teachers are like the old adage about children; they should be seen but not heard.
SubMan is offline   Reply With Quote