Help

BusyBoard

Loving Bloomz

>

Kinderkr4zy

Loving Bloomz
Old 08-02-2019, 08:07 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I have tried a few platforms (class dojo, classcraft, remind) for communicating with parents. I never really LOVED any of them, and always found that instead of streamlining my communication it always became one more thing to do. I could never get 100% parent buy in and participation so I was finding myself sending a message on the platform, then sending an email for those that couldnt be bothered to sign up for the messaging platform-any sometime I had to make phone call too-to people who didnt sign up for the platform, and also complained that they dont check email regularly so I wasn't communicating enough for them.

That is why I now love Bloomz-they dont have to sign up for me to add their email or cell number to my class message list. You cant be bothered-fine, I'll just add you on my end-no more sending a message 5 ways.

And since its so easy I find I am already communicating more with parents-I saw some forgotten lunch boxes by the class door so I snapped a picture and sent a group message, "Here is your missing lunch box, it will be here on Monday". Then i snapped a photo of a students rough draft that he "forgot" to take home and finish this weekend. I send it with a reminder to have him finish it and bring it in on Monday. If I had had to do with email it would have been a pain in the butt.

Its so easy and quick and they dont have to make any effort-which is awesome since about 4 of them wouldn't bother to spit on their children if they were on fire.

At it has the lovely quiet hours of remind and you can turn off the behavior system (which I dont want to use).

I think I finally found my platform.

Kinderkr4zy is online now   Reply With Quote

UVAgrl928

Old 08-02-2019, 08:17 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I used it for the first time this year and loved it!

The document center is awesome to post extra practice or class photos. And I stopped using the clip chart and started using that midway through the year.
UVAgrl928 is offline   Reply With Quote

BBRocks124

I love it too
Old 08-02-2019, 09:14 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I used it as a parent last year and this year in my class. All my parents were familiar since the class I'm getting used it last year also. Super stoked about it.
BBRocks124 is offline   Reply With Quote

twinmom95

Old 08-03-2019, 03:27 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I have used it for 3 years and really like it. I have had parents tell me it can be glitchy at times.

I just use it to post announcements, do conference sign ups, and private message parents, but I love the idea of sending a photo home of forgotten work, haha
twinmom95 is online now   Reply With Quote

gunther922

Can I use Bloomz to post my Newsletter?
Old 08-06-2019, 09:24 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I am trying to figure out what to try next (presently using Class Dojo). I have heard great things about Bloomz. Thank you!

gunther922 is online now   Reply With Quote

Kinderkr4zy

Old 08-07-2019, 05:31 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

You could take a picture of it and send you newsletter as a message or as an announcement. or you could say-"Here is this weeks newsletter". and attach the file.
Kinderkr4zy is online now   Reply With Quote

KetchupChips

Adding to Kinderkr4zy’s reply
Old 08-07-2019, 07:34 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

When you upload, it will go in Media, then Documents. It can be a bit confusing at first. I would also send directions in a general update so parents learn where to look. I leave documents that are used often, like my homework reading log, here for easy access. Parents can print what the need without asking the teacher.

My only caveat is there is a storage limit for free accounts. I only use the free account so I just deleted photos when needing more storage. Bloomz will prompt you when you’re out of storage.
KetchupChips is offline   Reply With Quote