Help

Kindergarten

Storing Wikki Stix

>

iteachk2010

Storing Wikki Stix
Old 08-07-2019, 07:53 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

How do you store your wikki stix in your classroom?

For years, I've stored them in travel toothbrush containers, but by the end of the year, the containers can be a sticky mess. It is time-consuming to rub all the stickiness off to reuse the containers the next year. (I have some at the fine motor center and each student has a container so there are a lot.) Plus some students roll up the wikki stix instead of straightening them before putting them back in the container. Then it is difficult to remove the stix if they get pushed to the bottom of the container. I did see where someone stored them in a binder. I might try that at my fine motor center.

I send home wikki stix in Ziploc snack-size bags, but I don't think the bags will hold up in my students' zippered pouches. They manage to destroy the bags that hold their crayons in their zippered pouches.

I have laminated sheets for students to work on to keep their tables from getting sticky.

Does anyone have any tips for cleaning or storing?

iteachk2010 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sbkangas5

Old 08-07-2019, 05:13 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I've taught my kids to straighten them out and then we just store them back on the clear sheets they come on and in a plastic box. I would think you could just store them on the laminated work mats (good idea, btw!) and stack them in a container or drawer.
Sbkangas5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sasha B

Old 08-07-2019, 05:25 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I used to laminate pocket folders by running them through the machine opened up. I would not cut the pockets open. The students would straighten the Wikki Stix and put them inside the folder. When they were using them they could use the folder to keep the desktop from getting sticky. You could write the student name on the outside of the folder to make it easy to identify.
Sasha B is offline   Reply With Quote