Help

Kindergarten

Some Rhyme Match and Write

>

iteachk2010

Some Rhyme Match and Write
Old 08-09-2019, 03:02 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I made some rhyme match and write sheets that I thought I'd share. These are organized by the letter groups in our formal phonics program.

Students cut out the four pictures at the bottom of the sheet. They match the pictures that rhyme with each other and glue them onto the sheet. Then they write each word. As part of our phonics program, students learn to mark words so they will draw an x underneath the vowels in words.

You could have students build the words with letter cards, letter tiles... instead of writing the words.

You could also have students use two different colored crayons. Have them underline the onsets with one color and draw a box around the rimes with a different color.

You could challenge students to draw one more rhyming picture for each set on the back of the paper and write the words underneath or have them pick one of the words and see how many other words they can write that rhyme with that word.

LG 1 Rhyme Match and Write (1 WS)

LG 2 Rhyme Match and Write (3 WS)

LG 3 Rhyme Match and Write (6 WS)

LG 4 Rhyme Match and Write (9 WS)

LG 5 Rhyme Match and Write (7 WS)

iteachk2010 is offline   Reply With Quote