Help

BusyBoard

Postcard Exchange

>

Teacherbee_4

Postcard Exchange
Old 08-10-2019, 09:27 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I have never done a post card exchange, but I REALLY REALLY want to do one this year. I will be teaching 4th graders and we cover our state history, as well as regions of the United States, states and state capitals. I think this would be a perfect fit for our curriculum!

A couple of questions:

1. Do you know of any places I can sign up? There are a few when I searched online, but my state is taken. I'm hoping you may know of more places1

2. Does grade matter? I teach 4th, so I thought similar grade levels would be best, but does it really matter?

3. Do you have any other tips or advice?

There are 46 students in our grade divided between 2 classes, and I will have all of them for Social studies in 2 separate classes. I figure if we spend the first part of the year collecting post cards, once we have them all, I can model 1 for each class (I do), we can do one together (we do), and then each kid can do one (You/they do). That would cover all 50 states.

Teacherbee_4 is offline   Reply With Quote

md2dkh3

Old 08-10-2019, 10:41 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I don't have any advice/resources but I love this idea. I will be following this post to see what other PTs post and what you do with this idea.
md2dkh3 is offline   Reply With Quote

BRONX

postcard exchange
Old 08-11-2019, 04:04 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I have done the postcard exchange for years with my students. You can try to sign up here on the Post Office board but states fill up fast. You may have to start your own to make sure you get in. Some exchanges allow multiple classes from the same state.

I tell my parents about the exchange at Open House and most years parents reach out to friends on facebook and we get about 30 cards every year just from family and friends. I also have a request on my webpage and I do get some from that request also.

Good Luck!
BRONX is offline   Reply With Quote