Help

Kindergarten

Daily Fundations materials storage ideas

>

jcm

Daily Fundations materials storage ideas
Old 08-14-2019, 07:14 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

For those of you who use Fundations, how do you manage the daily materials such as the letter boards, dry erase boards, and letter books for easy access and transitions for the kids?
Also, any ideas for displaying the large letter cards for teaching instead of a bulletin board?

jcm is offline   Reply With Quote

StellaBulldog

Old 08-14-2019, 07:44 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I am interested in hearing about this also. We will be doing Fundations this year and I just went to the training last week. While I thought the presenter was great and had many wonderful ideas, it would be nice to hear from people who actually have to deal with the materials daily.
StellaBulldog is offline   Reply With Quote

Dr. A

Fundations
Old 08-14-2019, 09:24 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I am conducting a Fundations PLC session tomorrow for teachers. Part of my presentation is managing materials.

large letter cards -They are not for displaying. They are for Drill & Practice. I keep them rubbered banded together until I use for D&P.

Standard letter cards (small alphabet cards) are for displaying. I placed the magnets on the back & display on board (magnets were included in the kit). Also a small pocket chart can be used to display standard cards

I keep letter boards, books &dry erase boards in large book bins. I have 4 bins. Each bin has materials for the entire table. I keep bins on a shelf. One Student will get the bin for his/ her table

I prefer to collect & keep materials on a shelf daily to ensure materials are not lost or missing or intentionally placed in pockets to take home. 8 years later, I still have complete sets & no missing letter tiles. I teach students to check that all letters are on the board before & after our lesson daily. That’s impressive with Kinders

The letter boards are very expensive so I don’t want missing parts.

Last edited by Dr. A; 08-14-2019 at 12:37 PM..
Dr. A is offline   Reply With Quote

mommy9298

Old 08-14-2019, 10:04 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

We started Fundations last year. We have tried a few things and these are the few we really liked. We use a large pocket chart for the display cards. The individual kits came with a bag, but we use an extra large ziploc bag for students to store the supplies in so they donít fall out. We store the bag in a seat sack on back of their chairs. We numbered every kit/tile with numbers so if a tile gets lost it is easily given back to its owner.
mommy9298 is online now   Reply With Quote

jcm

Old 08-14-2019, 02:06 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Dr A,
I thought the large letter cards were supposed to be displayed on a chart and then you add the new letters each week until it is complete. So when you do the drill with each letter and sound, you just hold up one card at a time?

Dr. A

Fundations Wilson Academy
Old 08-14-2019, 05:58 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Jcm,

Yes, when you do the drill sounds you hold them in your hand & show one card at a time. Then, say the letter, key words, & sound.

The new weekly letter cards are added to the stack.

The purpose is to drill & practice in random order of previously taught letters/sounds.

Have you Registered your free Fundations Wilson Academy? Info is in front cover of Your TE.

There are videos of Wilson certificated teachers demonstrating each lessons components in actual classroom. There are a plethora of resources
Dr. A is offline   Reply With Quote

jcm

Old 08-15-2019, 07:42 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Thanks Dr. A!