Fifth Grade

5th Grade Literacy Interview...

>

teacher122996

5th Grade Literacy Interview...
Old 05-18-2018, 01:39 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hi!!
I am a recent college graduate and have an interview for a 5th grade literacy position next week. I interned in this same position, so I'm pretty familiar with it, but I'm wondering if there are any "buzz words" I need to hit on, or anything I should definitely include in my answers.

Thanks for any and all help!!

teacher122996 is offline   Reply With Quote

Teacherbee_4

Depends on the school
Old 05-23-2018, 06:48 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Honestly, I'd look at that school/district and see what they are doing in terms of literacy. Lucy Calkins is huge in a lot of our districts and would be a great thing to talk about here. However, not everyone is using Lucy. Also, depending on your building, how literacy is structured may be different. In all of my buildings, we got a choice to choose if we were doing Daily 5, Reader's Workshop, Stations, Centers, etc. We basically chose how we structured it to allow to meet with guided reading groups. However, other schools are school wide Reader's Workshop or School wide Daily 5. I'd highly suggest checking to see what they use. Really explore the district's website to see what they do and use. There are so many literacy programs out there, so many structures, so many initiatives, so many buzz words, etc. It's all going to depend on where you are.

Regardless, I definitely talk about how you will foster a love of reading in your kiddos.
Teacherbee_4 is offline   Reply With Quote