Help

First Grade

Must do

>

K-Jeanne

Must do
Old 10-30-2018, 06:37 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I love having a must do and then students choose to do a may do. My latest issue is I have 2 students who can not seem to complete our Must do. They struggle with focusing on the work and doing it. They are both capable and good readers too.
So...I'm looking for an idea that would motivate them to complete their work. They don't like missing recess to complete it, but I would rather they become self sufficient students.
Thank you for any or all ideas!! K-Jeanne

K-Jeanne is offline   Reply With Quote

anna

Old 11-04-2018, 06:51 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I would work with them at the end of the day. Set up a 15 minute free choice time where those that are done are free to choose and then you work with those that are not done. Free choice time is very desirable to young kids
anna is offline   Reply With Quote

mhugs

must do
Old 11-05-2018, 03:51 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I'm retired now sharing a few things that I used at different times.
Beat the Clock I'd set a timer for a reasonable time to get the work done and challenge them to Beat the Clock by finishing before it rang.

'Offices' made out of foam presentation boards that fit around desk and cut off visual distractions. They make them in school catalogs for test privacy.

Like other poster 1st like to play. We had Fun on Friday. Shhh! I let the kids play or create. The last hour of the week Students with work done got to choose from stuff hid under my desk. If they owed me time for discipline they sat for 5 minute blocks, it gave me time to catch up students who had been absent or if all went well clear/clean off my desk.
mhugs is offline   Reply With Quote