Help

Kindergarten

End of the Year

>

LaFish

End of the Year
Old 05-19-2019, 06:55 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I was wondering how other K classes end the year. We sing a song on stage and invite families to come. How does your school end the year for kindergarten? Does the class perform on stage? Is it a big production? Or is it low key with snacks in the classroom?
A few more days😀

LaFish is offline   Reply With Quote

Haley23

Old 05-19-2019, 07:31 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

We have a Kindergarten graduation ceremony. The kids sing a song about moving up to 1st grade and then each classroom teachers calls their kids' names. The kids are supposed to just stand up for a "photo op" and applause held to the end, but most parents don't listen . This is followed by cake and punch in the classrooms, and then 95% of the kids leave with parents after that rather than staying until the end of the day.
Haley23 is online now   Reply With Quote

kindiesarefun

Old 05-19-2019, 07:39 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Each class does their own thing...anything from an ice cream party to a small carnival! Just depends on the teacher. I say a few words about each child, present them with a little poster with some photos of special memories, then we sing a couple of songs and end the day with ice cream. Simple and nice.
kindiesarefun is offline   Reply With Quote

Zia

Old 05-20-2019, 05:16 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

We have several kinda big events. We have:

• Movie Day: kids wear jammies and each classroom shows a different movie and kids choose which to see. One in the morning and one in the afternoon.
  • Art Day: the kids make paper with a local artist
  • Spring Up Day: every class goes to visit the next grade (K to 1st, 1st to 2nd, 5th goes back to their K class)
  • Field Day with the PE Coach
  • Beach Day: we put a bunch of kiddie pools on the K playground and kids spend the whole day playing
  • Author's Night: kids read their autobiographies to all the families

My class is anxiously watching 4 chrysalades. I am not optimistic we will have butterflies to release before the last day.

My kids planted parsley seeds with the soil our worm bin produced. This morning, we will make toubouli using that and the tomatoes we grew in the Aero Garden.

We don't do a Graduation thing, but we have plenty of fun in the last several days. Plus going to see the 5th grade Talent Show and the choir/drama group perform. It's exhausting.
Zia is offline   Reply With Quote

essence253

Eoy
Old 05-20-2019, 11:37 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

We have a promotional program. The students sing songs between classroom teachers calling students to receive completion certificates. It's a big production and parents usually take their kids out for lunch. I only had three students stay the whole school day.

essence253 is offline   Reply With Quote

iteachk2010

Old 05-20-2019, 02:07 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

We don't do any graduation ceremony or certificates, but the teachers plan different fun things to do with our own classes. This time of year is very busy.The past two weeks, we've had an art show/book fair, Breakfast with Mom, Breakfast with Dad, Goodies with the Grands and released our butterflies. This week we have our Race for Education fundraiser.

I set up a huge ocean museum in our school library for the K classes to visit over a period of several days. (I normally set that up for the last week of school, but the K team has to move to different classrooms next year and we have to have our entire classrooms packed up and labeled so I am doing it earlier this year.)

We have field day one of the mornings. This year we will have a picnic lunch and do fun activities in the afternoon, too. One afternoon, I will bring in watermelon slices and we will sit outside to eat them while I read a story.

On the last day of school, the K teachers give each student a beach ball. We have written "I had a ball in Kindergarten!" on it. Students take turns signing everyone else's. We watch the movie, Finding Nemo.

I also have a short poem that I type on cutesy paper with a special photo of the child taken with Winston, our class mascot, that I give to each student. On the back, I list different memories from our school year.
iteachk2010 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sbkangas5

Old 05-20-2019, 06:39 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

On the last day we do a little singing performance all together (5 or 6 songs), and then everyone goes back to their classroom for whatever the teacher decides to do. In our class we slow a slideshow of the year and hand out memory books.

The day before is beach day. Unlike Zia we actually go the the beach for the day.
Sbkangas5 is online now   Reply With Quote

Zia

Old 05-20-2019, 08:23 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

Quote:
The day before is beach day. Unlike Zia we actually go the the beach for the day.
Living in NM, kiddie pools on the playground are the best we can do! And, it is currently sleeting, so it may be cancelled which bums me out hard!

Super jealous you can take kids to an actual beach!
Zia is offline   Reply With Quote

VivianCP

Old 05-24-2019, 07:09 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

All three K classes in our building perform a program where kids say some little poems and sing a few songs, then we pass out a completion certificate & the kids have some snacks. Families come, siblings get out of class to watch. It's a big tradition. The kids go home right after. Sometimes the room moms set up an activity afterwards, like a picnic at a local park. We teachers do not attend that. Our whole team goes out for lunch!
VivianCP is online now   Reply With Quote