Fifth Grade

Ohio Social Studies Standards HELP!

>

TargetTeach

TargetTeach

Ohio Social Studies Standards HELP!
Old 07-11-2019, 10:39 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

The new standards came out for social studies for 5th grade. Any Ohio teachers here who can share how they navigated these new standards (especially financial literacy). What I am also looking for is help on a new textbook that will support them. Thank you!!

Teacherbee_4

Financial Literacy
Old 07-12-2019, 02:09 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I'm not from Ohio, so I'm not sure what you are expected to cover in the new topics. However, are you familiar with Junior Achievement? It is an awesome program that teaches things about finances, economics, business, etc. It is free to you/your school to offer. You sign up through the organization and a volunteer who is in the business world comes and teaches the class. I've done it most years and my students love it. It's very educational. I know the last two years, they had me ask if I had any parents who were junior achievement volunteers and then they tried to assign that parent to my classroom, so the parent could volunteer in his or her child's classroom. In other years, I had other people from the community. All awesome! I know the 5th grade curriculum for junior achievement focuses on globalization, supply/demand, innovation, types of businesses (sole proprietorship, partnership, etc.). and other things I can't remember. I'm not sure if that meets your standards, but I would look into this!
Teacherbee_4 is offline   Reply With Quote