Help

BusyBoard

Planbook.com

>

irises

Planbook.com
Old 08-07-2019, 12:31 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Teachers will be required to use Planbook.com this year. I watched a YouTube on it and it looks good. If you use it, what do you think? Is it time consuming to set up and go through the standards to post? I saw there's a "share" component but can you copy and paste your own lessons from previous years? Any help is appreciated! Thanks.

irises is offline   Reply With Quote

Gromit

Old 08-07-2019, 12:54 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I love Planbook! It's not time consuming, but it doesn't seem to be very intuitive for our less tech savvy teachers. Once you figure it out, though, it's very easy.

Copy/paste works great. I will do a search for something like "chloroplasts" and it will bring up every lesson I've ever done with chloroplasts. Then I can reuse and tweak and drop into this year.

I know a teacher who just imports her entire previous year all at once, but I don't work like that. Too many changes from one year to the next. But you certainly could if you had a highly scheduled curriculum that you have to follow.
Gromit is offline   Reply With Quote

Dreamer625

Love it!
Old 08-07-2019, 01:06 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I've been using it for several years now. It does take a little bit of time to set up templates for your blocks (if you have the same stuff you do each day). Once that's done it's easy to use. The standards are in a drop down menu form including CCSS and individual states also. You can also link documents right to the lesson plans.
Dreamer625 is offline   Reply With Quote

renielen

Old 08-07-2019, 01:44 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I love it! Watching the YouTube videos are great, but you just have to play around with it yourself. Customer service is great too! They get back to you in a timely manner! Like within 10 minutes!!! Setting up the classes takes time but after its easy to do!
renielen is offline   Reply With Quote

dee

Have it!
Old 08-07-2019, 01:51 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Totally love it.

dee is offline   Reply With Quote

teacherwriter

Old 08-07-2019, 02:07 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I've been using Planbook.com for six or seven years, at four different schools. It works great. I don't share plans or copy the previous year into the new year, but I can tell you that it's easy to set up, extremely versatile, and easy to change.
teacherwriter is online now   Reply With Quote

irises

Thanks
Old 08-07-2019, 05:01 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Thanks for all your comments. I ask if it's time consuming to set up because we won't be able to log in until we go back a couple of days before the kiddos start and then of course it's PD, meetings and hopefully some room set up time. I wish I could start and practice with it now. I appreciate the positive comments!

Haley23

Old 08-07-2019, 05:18 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

I really like it, but am going to test out a free site this year and see how that goes. I typically don't spend my own money on school things, but I liked planbook so much that I continued to pay the yearly fee (presumably your district is paying for it- lucky you!).

If you're wanting to just play around with it, they do offer a 30 day free trial. You could just use your personal email address to make an account, and then obviously just don't pay for it moving forward (I don't remember having to put in a credit card until I'd decided for sure I was using it). I wouldn't start making things in it, because presumably the district will give you a different login that you have to use, but if you're wanting extra time to see how the features work this could help you.
Haley23 is online now   Reply With Quote

Sbkangas5

Old 08-07-2019, 05:30 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

I've tried it, and liked it to an extent, but I'm really a paper person. When it comes to planbooks, teacher manuals, reference books, etc., I need to write in it, be able to flip back and forth, and I need the paper in my hand. I'd be hard pressed if I was told I had to use it.
Sbkangas5 is online now   Reply With Quote

Dreamer625

Printable
Old 08-08-2019, 03:05 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

I love not having to handwrite my plans but I need to have them in front of me so I print the each week.

Dreamer625 is offline   Reply With Quote

Zephie

Loved it when I used it
Old 08-08-2019, 05:02 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

I loved planbook.com. Easy to sit and schedule all four days in one go and print them for my binder.
Zephie is offline   Reply With Quote

teacherwriter

Setup
Old 08-08-2019, 06:07 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #12

Every year before school starts, I do spend a couple of hours setting up the entire year. Planbook has some standard holidays built in, and you can add other holidays, breaks, workdays and such. I program the entire year for those first. Then I add classes. I color-code those. For example, in elementary I used to code math as blue, ELA as green, specials as red, and so on. In middle school I color-code by grade. You enter each class, color-code it, and set the day(s)/times(s) it regularly meets. Once you get the whole framework set up, your planbook is basically set for the year. You can change class times, add special events and all your lesson info, and make other changes at any time.

As others have pointed out, you can print the day plan or weekly plan. I print the daily plan because my computer is never near my teacher table, and it makes it easier to keep track. Also, in elementary, I used to write down who was tardy, absent, leaving early etc., plus fire drills and other changes so I had a record of what had happened that day. (I didn't enter them on the computer, just kept the printout and filed it.) Finally, I think, but am not sure, that there's a Planbook.com app. My teammate had her assistant download the app to her phone so when she had to sub, she could call up the daily plan on her phone--no need to print. It's a great program.
teacherwriter is online now   Reply With Quote

puzzle1mom

Old 08-08-2019, 11:03 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #13

When my current principal took over two years ago, we were told we had to use it. I was unsure at first, but it's really easy to use. It does take a little time for the initial set up, but I think you will like it. I think I may print out my plans this year so I can always have them without always having to go to the site.
puzzle1mom is offline   Reply With Quote

irises

Good to know I can print them
Old 08-11-2019, 12:57 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #14

Sbkangas5 I'm a paper-in-hand person too. I like to write on my plans as well and of course leave them for a sub. I've always made a template and typed my plans and put them in a binder. I know I will print these too and put them on my desk in a binder because I like to keep all my printables with the day's plan. That way if I need an extra copy of an activity, it's right there.Thanks!