Help

BusyBoard

Student Welcome Letter

>

Teacherbee_4

Student Welcome Letter
Old 08-10-2019, 11:13 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am preparing a welcome letter to send to students. All teachers at my school do this. I'm new, so I feel I want to add a little more about myself in addition to welcoming them, as I am sure they are wondering who I am! I found some great free templates on TPT, but they are through PowerPoint and I can't seem to get them to work how I want. I don't like the sizing or space available. I'd like to do something a little more creative than just a straight typed out word document, which was I was looking at templates. Does anyone know if Google Drive/Docs has any good templates or apps/extensions or if there are other free templates that I can edit in a word a document instead of Powerpoint? Thanks!

Teacherbee_4 is offline   Reply With Quote

SDT

Old 08-10-2019, 11:32 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Have you tried copying the text from Powerpoint and pasting it into a Word document? That might work for you depending on how the Powerpoint was done.
SDT is offline   Reply With Quote

iteachk2010

Old 08-10-2019, 02:01 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I find that I often create "docs" in Google Slides because it is easier to manipulate the text boxes and clip art where I want it to go. I get frustrated trying to do it in Docs or Microsoft Word.

When I first create the Google Slide, I go to File and click on Page Set Up. I change it to either 8.5" by 11" or 11" x 8.5" depending on whether I want the paper to be portrait or landscape. I have a dog-theme going on in my classroom so I add a background that is pawprints and then I insert text boxes over that.

You can change the size of the text box, change the background color in that text box, switch to a different font, change the size and color of the font, and you can drag the text boxes to move them to different places. If you want a different shaped text box, you can insert the shape and then right click on the shape and click on edit text to add text.
iteachk2010 is offline   Reply With Quote

forkids2

Old 08-11-2019, 07:26 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I don't know about the other things, but I have used Microsoft word templates. If you click the office button in the upper left corner then click new in the drop-down box, a whole list of templates will come up. Under education there are newsletter templates as well as others. There are some in other categories that might work for your purpose as well. I found them easy to use and edit.
forkids2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Teacherbee_4

Thanks!
Old 08-11-2019, 01:39 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Thanks for the ideas, everyone! I ended up first trying a Microsoft Word Template, but since it was all in color and we are sending these out snail mail, I didn't want to print all those letters in colors and waste color ink, especially when I am new at a school. I then tried copying and pasting the Powerpoint template to a Word document and did that. It worked well. Thanks!

Teacherbee_4 is offline   Reply With Quote