Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

question about delivery

>

sonoma

question about delivery
Old 04-11-2020, 03:33 PM

We are not able to get essential items delivered or use curbside/store pick up for them. They can only be obtained by going into the store and hoping the items are there.

I am referring to tp, cleaning supplies, wipes, paper towels.

I assumed this was true for stores across the country but have read that some of you are purchasing these items for delivery or curbside. So maybe it's just my area.

Wouldn't it make more sense to allow pick up/delivery of these items? It would mean a whole lot less people in the stores.

sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote

1956BD

I don't understand why
Old 04-11-2020, 03:39 PM

that would not sell you any goods from their store. And yes, the more people not in the store the better for everyone.

I can get any product from the store and pick it up curbside or have it delivered to my home but the time slots fill up very rapidly.

Here is another option. In our area a company named Favor that normally delivers take out food to homes has started delivering to homes. There is a ten dollar delivery fee. Maybe Favor is in your area or another company is doing the same sort of service. I believe they actually do the shopping for you as well. So they might pick up paper and cleaning goods as well.
1956BD is online now   Reply With Quote

KatieViolet

Old 04-11-2020, 03:54 PM

Same for us. Certain things only available in store. I donít get it at all. Luckily we were pretty well stocked on paper goods, etc, so Iíve still only been usually curbside pickup. We can go about two more weeks without more toilet paper.
KatieViolet is offline   Reply With Quote

kahluablast

Old 04-11-2020, 04:01 PM

I haven't needed anything that is in the high need area yet. Not because I hoarded it, I just don't use that much of them. I have wanted to buy some cleaner as a back up for what I have, but it hasn't become available yet through pick up. If I actually have to go in a store, I will look, but at this point it isn't urgent. I just usually purchase a new (whatever) after I open my last one. Not sure if you can get them in-store, but it hasn't been available for curbside pick up.
kahluablast is online now   Reply With Quote

arsabl

Old 04-11-2020, 04:10 PM

In my area, you canít get delivery of tp, wipes and fresh produce. I donít drive right now so I canít get these supplies. I could ask my DIL since my son canít drive either due to his seizures. But I donít want to send her into the stores either. Plus, she has two little kids to care for.

I figure Iíll get by for now.

arsabl is offline   Reply With Quote

TAOEP

Safety?
Old 04-11-2020, 04:19 PM

I'm guessing it's because those items are generally not available. So allowing them to be ordered for pickup or delivery tends to result in too much frustration and perhaps arguments or threats. So maybe safety for their workers?
TAOEP is offline   Reply With Quote

Irish

Amazon/Target
Old 04-11-2020, 04:29 PM

I ordered a bunch of cleaning stuff from Amazon, Target and actually hand soap from Bath and Body Works. They have been trickling in daily. I think my coffee pot is biting the dust so I also got one delivered yesterday.
I’ve given up going to the grocery store for anything but food.
Irish is offline   Reply With Quote

UVAgrl928

Old 04-11-2020, 05:29 PM

That seems like a dumb policy. Last week I did an Instacart order- it wasnít on my list, but he saw TP and sent me a text asking if I wanted any while it was still there.

I wound up getting TP from a local janitorial store- but had to buy a case (60 rolls) lol.
UVAgrl928 is offline   Reply With Quote

tia

Old 04-11-2020, 06:52 PM

yup--here in Boise--i was just messing around the other day, looking at what delivery and pickup looked like and found that i could not schedule TP (had to go in store) from Fred Meyer or WalMart.
tia is online now   Reply With Quote

MissTrace

Old 04-12-2020, 12:03 AM

Iím frustrated with this, too. We are on our last roll of paper towels. Up until this all started I could order them with Target drive up. It looked like Albertsons had some the other day, based on what Instacart was showing. I ordered that day (I think it was Tuesday) but didnít get my order until today and of course they had sold out already. It looks like Costco has TP now available through Instacart but I have a feeling the same thing will happen. I canít wait till stock gets back to normal levels. I refuse to go store to store looking for one thing, but I will have to in about 5 TP rolls.

MissTrace is online now   Reply With Quote

Lilbitkm

Old 04-12-2020, 06:20 AM

I have been doing Target drive up orders and I know that anything considered ďlimited stockĒ canít be picked up. They are still struggling keeping TP, paper towels, and cleaning wipes in stock.

I have been able to get all food items through Shipt from either Target or Publix (local grocery chain).

I havenít needed TP or paper towels yet but I have seen that dollar stores, as well as member clubs (Samís, Costco, BJís) have had them. I was able to have paper towels and Clorox wipes delivered to my momís house last week.
Lilbitkm is online now   Reply With Quote