Help

Third Grade

Reading Curriculum

>

Nanny

Reading Curriculum
Old 08-29-2020, 10:01 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Our school is looking at new reading curriculum for grades 1-4. I haven't used a textbook curriculum in a long time so I would like some input on some of the ones out there you have used or heard about, etc. Wonders, Treasures, etc. Please give me pros and cons. I teach 3rd grade and have used a Readers's Workshop approach for years with novel studies and comprehension strategies with reader's notebooks. I think one reason it is being considered is we are not vertically aligned across the grades and this would make us more aligned. Feedback please! Thanks so much!

Last edited by Nanny; 08-29-2020 at 10:01 AM.. Reason: extra word
Nanny is offline   Reply With Quote

Riding4Him

Reading
Old 08-29-2020, 04:17 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

We use the side by side reading curriculum. Unfortunately, it's for 3rd grade to 6th. You might like it as it is based on reading chapter books. It alternates with a read aloud book and then the kids break into their reading levels and read a similar genre chapter book in book clubs. The teacher models strategies in the read aloud and the kids follow up in their book clubs. Our first and second graders use a phonics based program and then use an AR program for reading at their level. It may help for you to repost this question on the busy board so 1st-4th could see it too.
Riding4Him is offline   Reply With Quote