Help

Magnolia Room

Many "tough" kids...

>

thedish486

Many "tough" kids...
Old 11-26-2011, 05:45 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

In my classroom I seem to have many students with difficulties, such as positive peer interactions, keeping their hands and feet to themselves, being respectful, and anger/aggressive behaviors. I am sorry, I know this is a lot. I need some suggestions to help these students. I have tried logical consequences and at times they work and at others they do not. Many of my students struggle with defiance. I would really like to work with them to make our classroom a more welcoming and effective classroom. If I could have a specific ideas or strategies that would be great.

Thank you!!

pen&paper

Old 11-30-2011, 09:16 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I think you are describing the students I teach in my after school specialized program. I think a lot of my students behave this way because their home life is sheer chaos, so chaos anywhere they go is what they know.

How about, just like anything else you teach, you choose to one issue and focus on that one over a certain period. Take an easy one to fix and for a week, use that issue as one to write about in writing, use that one in math words problems, find several read aloud books, and maybe even have a collection of play things (like the Fisher price rubber duckies), label it, and keep it on your window shelf as a reminder. Be sure to compliment the students who do the right thing and maybe even reward students when they start to change.

Let me know if this works!

gabitanpr

Responsive classroom
Old 12-05-2011, 10:35 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Have you read on the Responsive classroom. That is what I use in my classroom and it is great! Google it and you will find tons of info. I bought the books and implemented it right away.

thedish486

Old 12-05-2011, 05:50 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Thank you I will keep you updated!