Help

Magnolia Room

Advice

>

2teach4ver

Advice
Old 10-10-2008, 08:18 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am new to morning meeting this year, and have run into a "snag". My kids don't want to do it! They would much rather read a book and, I have to admit, it makes taking attendance etc easier when they do. I only have 15 minutes from bell to reading time, and I have moved the morning message into our reading block, but the kids don't seem to care about doing any part of the meeting except the message.

The kids are still mean or rude to each other, and I'm at a loss as to what to do! I am still reminding them about acting nice, using materials appropriately, etc and I feel like they still don't get it. It's like all the work we did the first 6 weeks was worthless. I'm ready to throw in the towel, but I really think the ideas are what is best for kids. Please help!

Mrs. R :)

Power of Our Words
Old 10-11-2008, 12:19 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

by Paula Denton...

It is an amazing book that will help you reflect on how you are using your language with your students to get the kinds of behavior you expect. It will give you lots of language you can use right away to help. I literally walk around with it open and read from it to help me retrain myself into using a more positive, firm, and respectful way of speaking to the kids.

I highly reccomend you reading it.