Magnolia Room

celebrating the end of the year

>

Baconandchees

celebrating the end of the year
Old 06-07-2009, 06:58 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hi All!

I am finishing up my first year teaching as a first grade teacher. The year has definitely had its ups and downs. My school is a responsive classroom school and we are undergoing our first Success Night. My colleagues and I have been working on a habitat project with our classes that involves the students writing an "All About" book of their habitat and working in partnerships to create a diorama of their habitat. These will be on display for Success Night. I am looking for something else to culminate all of the successes (and efforts) we have undergone this year as well. I really want it to be "kid-created" with only just guidance from me. The responsive classroom website has some great ideas for classroom discussions and brainstorms about "things we've learned," "ways we've helped each other," "favorite activities," and other topics. I would like to create (really, have the kids create) a bulletin board or display about some of these topics. Has anyone done anything similar to this? Does anyone have any helpful hints as to how I could go about doing this and make it a part of our Success Night?

Thanks! Sorry for all the rambling!
Kayde