Special Education

contract

>

hoopz

hoopz

contract
Old 02-23-2006, 10:44 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

What happens if you break your contract? Would you be banned from teaching or from the district? I am very, very unhappy at my job. I would like to move on to another district. I don't know how long I could stand staying here.

istoleahalo

Old 02-24-2006, 04:31 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Although I've never done it, a friend of mine (co-worker from another school) did and was threatened with a "black mark" in her record for leaving the district mid-year. I'm not sure exactly what that means as far as future employment goes but it was made to sound bad to her. I think it was just a scare tactic because our county was in a tight spot due to hurricanes at the time and was short handed as it was. Other teacher told her that had that not been the case that it wouldn't have been a big deal to switch, that they were just exercizing their right to "black mark" you if you left to prevent more people from leaving.

I would think each district is diffrent. Check with your union rep, they usually know the contract pretty well and may be able to answer your question or direct you to somone who can. Good Luck!
istoleahalo is offline   Reply With Quote
kel

kel

leaving
Old 03-08-2006, 12:23 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

maybe document your "unhappiness" with your doctor. I know of someone who was able to leave b/c of medical/mental issues midyear...