Help

The VENT

End of year

>

elmo33

End of year
Old 06-06-2019, 08:08 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Trying to make it through with some violent kids and no support... I feel like I want to cry. It has made me feel like a terrible teacher.

elmo33 is offline   Reply With Quote

elepen

Old 06-06-2019, 09:35 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Elmo 33

I know how you feel but itís not you. Just finished a 6 week long term sub in 3rd grade with some very challenging kids, screaming,crying and drama every day. I was pulled out the last week of school because admin was concerned that the behavior would escalate. At least I didnít have the sister of the boy that would cause disruption every day. She was the violent one, the type you have to move the whole class out while she trashes the room.
When does your Summer break start. Try to do some things for you
A class like that is very bad on mental, emotional and your physical well being. Try to go away to the beach or somewhere relaxing
Hoping for a better year for you. Huggggs
elepen is offline   Reply With Quote
Here4TheFun

Here4TheFun

Old 06-06-2019, 10:58 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Are you kidding me? You are a superhero/Supershero!

This is what p!sses me off about my profession. Where is my d@mn right to safety. Where is the d@mn resource officer. This happened to me one year. I would call the officer into the classroom. It could be my first period and he would show up until the end of the day. I kept on thinking, thank the lord nothing happened. Sure enough, he told me one day, he was getting rid for back surgery and he couldn't lift or do anything really physical. Moral of the story, he wasn't going to show up in my classroom and put his precious back at risk for me.

Needless to say, I had an emotional break down that year and went on leave for 2 and a half months. I had to take scitalopram, xanax for my anxiety attack. I had horrible stomach pain and my asthma got worse. When I return, I was never the same.

Is this a regular class or a sped class? Because, I have strong opinions about placing violent kids in the regular classroom.

You are a superhero nothing else.

elmo33

Thank you
Old 06-06-2019, 12:26 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

For your response... reg K class. I feel totally drained by the end of the day. I say these kids hit or hurt others and nothing is done. I was given a hard tome about asking for a day, I feel so unappreciated and like I should look for something else... but what? Anyway , thanks for sympathizing...
elmo33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Crazy3

Elmo33
Old 06-07-2019, 02:16 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I am retiring this year because I can. I am so tired of the violent, rude, bold, behaviour of students with no consequences. Teaching used to be my bliss, and yes, I chose to be in compensatory schools, but not anymore. I used to feel like I made a difference, now I feel like I am doing crowd control. Kids don't care about learning, nor do parents. I feel sorry for those that really want to learn. I will be glad to leave this profession, but also very sad for what it has become.

Crazy3 is offline   Reply With Quote