Help

The VENT

The Waiting Game

>

GatsbysDream

The Waiting Game
Old 05-01-2017, 08:56 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Oh my goodness. I can't believe it's May already!

I have been teaching in a private urban school for the past year. I have surpassed all of my expectations for my evaluations with the following scores:25/27, 26/27, and 27/27 respectively.

My principal has told me I'm a gifted teacher. He also told me during our last post observation conference that I'm good, but he wants to help me be superior. I know I'm a talented teacher, but at times I have very little self esteem because I had negative experiences during maternity leaves early in my career.

My classroom management has been described as "better than some of the teachers who have been here for years" and that I have "great control".

During our discussion, my principal began telling me "Your schedule will be very similar next year" and when I asked if I would have freshman again I was told "It depends on enrollment, who stays, who goes, who gets a contract, and who doesn't get a contract."

I haven't had a perfect year (who does?) but it's been good. I had an issue with one student who appears to have issues with all of his teachers, but I learned and I've grown from the experience.

I also got in very little trouble for a trivial comment made on social media. My administrator said he was only discussing it with me because somebody said something to him, so he technically had to speak to me. I volunteered to delete the comment and make amends for the situation, which I did the very same day. He told me not to worry about it, but of course I did.

I've made silly little mistakes regarding protocol that anybody new to a school would make, but nothing egregious. There have been no serious issues in the classroom (fights, verbal or physical) or riots breaking loose.

Veteran teachers: Should I really be concerned? This is my fifth year teaching and I really enjoy this school.

GatsbysDream is offline   Reply With Quote

tctrojan

I would not worry
Old 05-01-2017, 10:36 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

It sounds as if you had superior evaluations and few problems. Your principal indicated that you would have a contract next year. Good luck!
tctrojan is online now   Reply With Quote