Help

Primary Grades (K-2)

Rti

>

delidkteach

Rti
Old 04-26-2013, 07:41 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

RTI is said to have universal practices. Are these practices described across different states or are these standards nationwide? There is always discussion about how different states have different standards. Iím wondering if the literacy practice standards are the same way where it is different for each state. If so, should they be regulated? Iím not entirely sure that each state uses RTI but it seems to be an effective system that schools are using to identify students specific needs. Of course each system is not without its own flaws but for the time being it at least seems to be working. One thing that I really like about the detailed process of RTI is that it prevents students from being classified or labeled to quickly with a learning disability or some other form of classification.

Can anyone comment on how RTI works in their state or even in their district? I'm really interested in how it works in other schools.

delidkteach is offline   Reply With Quote

npatt

rti
Old 05-18-2013, 06:58 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Basically in my school we identify the kids that need help, design lessons to bolster the strengths and target the deificiencies. Small groups are formed and taught when the rest of the class is reading to themselves or working independently. It is hard because teachers are used to designing lessons to fit the diverse needs of the students- but it is one more lesson to implement. Filling out paperwork to prove that you are doing your job ( We use AIMS Web) and trying to get the kids to buy in is exhausting sometimes. I feel sometimes there is a lot of time spent proving that you are doing your job.
npatt is offline   Reply With Quote