Help

The VENT

Guess I Suck

>

SoDone

Guess I Suck
Old 11-09-2021, 05:05 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Schedule changes last week displaced students and all of my classes gained or lost some. Pod teacher also absent so add an extra 5-10 kids each period. It's been awful. Same 5-6 kids being so disruptive in 2 classes that I can barely teach (been this way all year). Other classes are great. I've done Dojo points, called parents, and set conferences for upcoming days. Steps I've taken since the beginning with no change. No admin help except for an email that I am now ordered to attend a basic management course on establishing norms. This is year 8. Really? How much is my fault when it's the same few and no others??

SoDone is offline   Reply With Quote

kahluablast

Old 11-09-2021, 06:06 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

It does get really tiring to have to cater to these children anymore. Why are the kids never expected to act appropriately? Teachers have to bow down to every behavior and "make connections" and that will solve the problem.

I am sorry you are going through this. If you can tell, I don't agree although I don't know what recourse you have. It is a big part of why I no longer am (or want to be) a classroom teacher, and why I want to retire as soon as I possibly can. Those kind of years just suck the life out of great people. Families and students aren't held responsible for anything.

I do still deal with these things, just not at the same level - I am an elective teacher. For the most part the kids do well in my class, but I did have 2 kinders this year who have told me "no" and one slammed the chair into the table. Kinders. What the h$ll are the parents doing?
kahluablast is offline   Reply With Quote

SoDone

Old 11-09-2021, 08:50 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Wow! Hopefully someone is working with them to deal with their anger issues now rather than later!
SoDone is offline   Reply With Quote

cruxian

Old 11-17-2021, 07:31 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I'm sorry to hear that things are so tough. I wonder---are the kids having a hard time in other classes? I mean, I'm assuming the answer is yes.
cruxian is offline   Reply With Quote