Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

What's on everyone's agenda today?

>

eliza4one

What's on everyone's agenda today?
Old 10-23-2021, 07:35 AM

I slept in until 8:30. Now drinking coffee and eating a bagel with cream cheese.

At 10:00, I'm going on a 30-40 mile bike ride with my husband. THANK YOU beautiful Fall weather for holding out this long!!

This evening, I'm going to Mass and singing in the choir.

This is my last weekend of Fall Break. Funny how you make the most of it, yet it STILL flies by!

eliza4one is online now   Reply With Quote

tia

Old 10-23-2021, 07:38 AM

that sounds delightful!

i am just super-relaxing today--DH brought me breakfast from a new restaurant: GIANT french toast, home fry hash browns, and spicy candied bacon. yum! we'll be checking them out again.

i'll be reading and TV/moving watching. recovering from from fierce activity yesterday and conferences wed/thur and missing teaching partner all of first quarter--she's back on the first! YEEEEEAAAAAA!!!!

i MIGHT do some short, close errands....but NO schoolwork (that will come tomorrow when i go in to clean up my report card/conference paperwork mess--we did virtual conferences....)

hope everyone has a great day!
tia is offline   Reply With Quote

GreenBunny

Old 10-23-2021, 08:01 AM

Yoga at 11
Crafting crafting crafting--I'm hoping to be chosen to be in a craft fair at the end of November so I'm scrambling to get more and more things made.
GreenBunny is online now   Reply With Quote

kahluablast

Old 10-23-2021, 08:28 AM

My dh and I were going to work outside downing a large dead tree and hauling it to the dump. However, he is under the weather- went on his first business trip in two years and caught a cold flying... We did a covid test to make sure, but just a cold. He has a very busy week ahead of him, so instead of the tree, he is going to take it easy.

I am now trying to decide how to use my time instead of wasting the whole weekend. A trip to the grocery is in store, laundry... But I want something fun, too.

Should I wear a costume on Friday to school? I was thinking of being a motherboard (I teach tech) but not sure how to make that one. Thinking maybe a sandwich board type thing that just hangs around my neck. If I am going to do it, I should put it together this weekend.

I also need to call my parents. Exciting plans!
kahluablast is online now   Reply With Quote

jazzer

Old 10-23-2021, 08:41 AM

I just relaxed and watched the baseball playoffs last night. This morning I worked out for 100 minutes and 7.5 miles. This afternoon I have a short gig at a senior living facility with my band. When that is over I will relax again and watch more baseball. My husband drove Uber last night and will again from this afternoon until late tonight so I am on my own.

jazzer is online now   Reply With Quote

hoppalong

Old 10-23-2021, 08:43 AM

eliza4one, I enjoyed coffee and a bagel with cream cheese for breakfast, too.

My DH and I just returned from taking a walk at a national wildlife refuge about 30 minutes from where we live. We saw a bald eagle, Canadian geese, ducks, and crane. The sun was shining and there was a light breeze. The fall colors of the leaves were gorgeous. It was absolutely lovely.

I'll probably read and watch some fall/Halloween movies this afternoon and maybe bake a loaf pumpkin bread.
hoppalong is offline   Reply With Quote

blueskies96

Old 10-23-2021, 08:48 AM

I went to an estate sale this morning but didnít find any treasures. Then went to the hardware store to get supplies to fix a leaking water line.

We are trying to get the guy who has an excavator out to dig out the line but he keeps putting us off. I guess Iíll have to work the shovel ugh.

Pretty much thatís it except I have a painting commission to do.
blueskies96 is offline   Reply With Quote

WordFountain

Today
Old 10-23-2021, 08:49 AM

Had a nice easy morning. We went for a family walk on the local trail. Now Iím about to make Cabbage Roll soup. Itís perfect fall soup weather

If anyoneís interested: Cabbage Roll soup recipe
WordFountain is offline   Reply With Quote

chipmunky

Spending the day
Old 10-23-2021, 08:49 AM

with my son and his family. Hanging out by the cove, but staying completely away from downtown. It is only a few days before Halloween and here in Salem, Mass it is completely crazy! Oh yes. People are having a great time here, but to us..just nope!
chipmunky is offline   Reply With Quote

momteach310

Old 10-23-2021, 09:08 AM

Alumni dinner tonight - 40th year (college) was actually last year, but with covid they are including it in this weekend's celebrations. A few roommates traveling back for it. Should be fun to see everyone.

momteach310 is offline   Reply With Quote

GraceKrispy

Old 10-23-2021, 09:15 AM

Sounds like some fun days planned! I have a ton of work to catch up on, but I'm hoping to watch a movie with my kid later and eat popcorn (at home)
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote

cabernet

Old 10-23-2021, 09:37 AM

I did some online Christmas shopping this morning. Then I wrote my lists out so I know what I want to get. I tried to work on my puzzle, but itís frustrating. I may have to give this one up. Itís not relaxing.
We had some frost and the wind is supposed to pick up tomorrow so weíre waiting to rake leaves.
This afternoon weíre heading to the the big town near us to meet our sons for dinner. Then weíre going to a playoff potential soccer match. It will be cold so winter gear is in order. But it will be exciting!
cabernet is offline   Reply With Quote

WalkDontRun

Old 10-23-2021, 09:44 AM

I was going to go to the pumpkin patch with my daughter and granddaughter but there was supposed to be heavy rain today so we cancelled plans. No rain but now we arenít motivated to go
WalkDontRun is online now   Reply With Quote

amiga13

Old 10-23-2021, 09:58 AM

Most of you have such wonderful plans that you make me feel like a bit of a slug.

I took a short 2-mile walk this morning (it was misting and Iím a wimp) and will try to add another mile soon.

I filled the hummingbird feeder again. Remember when I complained about no hummers? Lately Iím filling the feeder daily!

My lazy late afternoon plans include BritBox and my Kindle. I finished Prime Suspect yesterday and will start a new series todayóhavenít decided which one yet, choice is fabulous. And last night I started a new book that promises excellenceóweíll see.
amiga13 is online now   Reply With Quote

1956BD

Saturday
Old 10-23-2021, 10:29 AM

I am glad everyone is enjoying their Saturday. I slept late and cuddled with the dogs for a while before getting up. I have northern white beans simmering on the stove top and a load of whites in the dryer. That will probably be all the work I accomplish for the day. I plan on doing a painting project. I am creating some yard art to hang on my fence. It is an old window with 8 panes of glass. I have the flowers finished and now want to add a tree branch.
1956BD is online now   Reply With Quote

MathWA

Old 10-23-2021, 10:37 AM

Football, Football, Football! GO COUGS!
MathWA is offline   Reply With Quote

playpower

agenda
Old 10-23-2021, 10:43 AM

I don't really have one and that's the best kind on a Saturday!

I've already cleaned up the kitchen, emptied and loaded dishwasher, threw in a load of laundry and folded part of another load...

It's gorgeous outside so I really should go rake, but I feel like watching documentaries. I wonder what part of my conscience will win?
playpower is online now   Reply With Quote

PEPteach

Old 10-23-2021, 11:03 AM

Sounds like so many of us are having a good day today!

I slept till 7, got up and read a bit, and just got back from a 6 mile hike in the woods. It was 50, but very sunny. The Fall colors are quite late, but some trees are starting to pop. My sisters will come over in a few hours.
PEPteach is online now   Reply With Quote

PoohBear

Old 10-23-2021, 11:38 AM

Very rainy day DD is coming over and we're going to watch a movie and munch popcorn!
PoohBear is online now   Reply With Quote

luvtulearn

sounds delightful
Old 10-23-2021, 11:44 AM

Happy for you I had to cancel all plans today but it definitely feels like fall. Brrrrrr 🌫.
luvtulearn is offline   Reply With Quote

cruxian

Old 10-23-2021, 11:59 AM

Y'all, I'm exhausted. DD is performing in a community theater production of Sweeney Todd. Last week was tech week and it opened last night. That by itself would be exhausting enough, just by proxy lol.
The opening show was awesome! We saw some friends there and the performance was really wonderful to watch. The actors who played Sweeney Todd and Mrs. Lovett were truly awesome. She continues to another performance tonight and tomorrow.
In an effort to be helpful, I volunteered to help out tonight.
This was a big mistake on soooooooo many levels. On the one hand, I'm so tired out that I really shouldn't have committed to anything. DD was weirded out by the idea of me helping out back stage. I probably should have asked her but they genuinely seemed like they had no volunteers and needed the help. The truth is, this part of it is so completely and overwhelmingly disorganized that I'm truly sorry I said I'd help. Thoughts and prayers everyone lol.
cruxian is online now   Reply With Quote

Violets2

Wordfountain
Old 10-23-2021, 01:06 PM

Thanks for the recipe--it looks delicious!
Violets2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Song of Joy

Old 10-23-2021, 02:54 PM

Thought I would take it easy today, but then ended up making and canning 7 quarts of apple pie filling, canning 8 pints of applesauce, loading the dehydrator with apple slices and making an apple pie. This is after we made 85 gallons of apple cider the last few weekends.

Our trees were full of apples this year and I just hate to waste any. Now our front porch is lined with apples trying to dry and there are a few more out in the trees. We have a wide selection of apple varieties so our homemade cider, sauce, pie filling, etc. taste so much more complex than what can be bought.
Song of Joy is offline   Reply With Quote

all41

Old 10-23-2021, 05:15 PM

I enjoyed reading about your day. It sounds like you all had fun and productive days. DH & I just got home from visiting our youngest DS at college. We had a great visit and it's always hard to leave him after a good day of being together.
all41 is offline   Reply With Quote