Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

Reddit Group

>

Summerwillcom

Reddit Group
Old 10-24-2021, 08:25 PM

Do you not realize that you have some conservatives in your midst?
I have seen how nasty the moderators of this Reddit group and their friends (about 12) have treated some very kind people repeatedly on the I and P board in the past because of their religious and political beliefs. Then you have this post on Reddit. SusaninNJ
∑3d
Limping along for me. Got a few Zippy and Mikecofefee jabs in.
Why do you need to "get jabs in" at people?
Zipline is one of the most intelligent people I have met on here. She has taken her time to explain things, or her point of view, in a polite way and you guys have just "piled on her" repeatedly. She is 1 of the few conservatives that would even try to talk to you all on that IP board. Mike is one of the funniest people I have met on here.
To the members of the Reddit group: This is not meant for you unless you are one of those rude, name calling, pile on people who think it is funny to "get jabs" in at people!. You know who you are!

Summerwillcom is offline   Reply With Quote

desert flower

Old 10-24-2021, 09:56 PM

Conservative here. I'm staying away from Reddit. Always tried to scroll past posts that I didn't agree with here on PT. Makes my life easier.
desert flower is offline   Reply With Quote

timeforbed

Old 10-24-2021, 11:23 PM

Why say anything if you don't approve of them? Drop your membership and find a board that fits your views.

I also have to wonder how the two conservatives you mentioned feel about your post. The lounge is not an appropriate place for that. Post it in the issues and politics board and let our last days on PT Lounge be the friendly place it's meant to be. Sorry. I for one just want some peace on this board before it dies out...if it does go that way.

How do you feel about the Facebook board? Have you looked at it? I'm thinking I may go there when I'm ready to spend more time on forums.

Last edited by timeforbed; 10-24-2021 at 11:52 PM..
timeforbed is online now   Reply With Quote

UMW

Old 10-25-2021, 12:48 AM

The original post was unnecessary and inappropriate. If you have a complaint about the Reddit board, take it there, instead of trying to sabotage it here.
UMW is offline   Reply With Quote

Munchkins

PT FB group
Old 10-25-2021, 01:24 AM

This group is awesome! Friendly, accepting, self promotion or rudeness allowed. Just a lot of positivity and friendship.

Hereís a link- good for 48 hours or 20 clicks. Hope to see you over there! I think youíll like it!

Munchkins is online now   Reply With Quote

Jackie

Old 10-25-2021, 01:32 AM

I second the Facebook group. I joined the Reddit group, but I am liking the facebook group a bit better. I think for me it's the format of Reddit that I don't like or maybe that I am just not used to. I would message any future concerns you have about boards to the moderators.
Jackie is offline   Reply With Quote

word girl

Old 10-25-2021, 02:26 AM

There is absolutely nothing political going on on the Reddit Group.

It started out as an offshoot of the I & P board back in January 2021. But when PT started having its issues in the past few weeks, the moderators on the reddit board opened it up to all PT members.

We have had zero political posts in ten months.

Everyone is friendly and kind there. You can see for yourself. Anyone can go there and read all of the posts and decide if they want to join. All are welcome.

I don't know what the motivation of the OP was, but I don't appreciate the maligning of the group.
word girl is offline   Reply With Quote

MissESL

I havenít seen anything rude at all in either place.
MissESL is offline   Reply With Quote

Englishish

Old 10-25-2021, 03:32 AM

While I did find the idea of those three ďmoderatingĒ amusing, I knew there was no way conservatives would be treated well over there.
Englishish is online now   Reply With Quote

jazzer

Old 10-25-2021, 03:43 AM

I apologize if I have said anything inappropriate or rude. I am not that kind of person. I have vented about some people who treated me poorly even though I tried to be kind. I was told I was rude because I wanted to get to the bottom of it and they refused to talk it out with me. So on some boards, I may vent about that, but I try not to just say rude things about people out of the blue.

jazzer is online now   Reply With Quote

annie_g

Old 10-25-2021, 05:19 AM

If our Reddit group offends you, don't join it. Simple. We have had zero problems and lots of great posts. To each their own.
annie_g is offline   Reply With Quote

WalkDontRun

Old 10-25-2021, 07:10 AM

The original post that the Reddit comment is referring to was a post on the PT lounge last week. There were a few confusing back and forth comments that didnít seem to connect to the original post and then it petered out.

I joined the Reddit group because I donít have a Facebook account. I would hope that all PT members would feel comfortable on either Reddit or Facebook and havenít seen any political comments on Reddit since I joined. I like the use of flairs to identify the category of your post (lounge, school, etc,)

I already miss some posters that I think are exclusively posting on Facebook. I keep hoping to see them back on PT!
WalkDontRun is online now   Reply With Quote

brooks56

Reddit
Old 10-25-2021, 07:49 AM

I agree with you. When I chose a group I looked at who the moderators were and went with that. I don't like to be in a group that takes jabs at people and constantly argue. I haven't been on it, but don't want to be associated with some of the I&P people. However to each his own!
brooks56 is offline   Reply With Quote

SusaninNJ

Summerwillcome
Old 10-25-2021, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Why do you need to "get jabs in" at people?
You are absolutely correct! No jabs necessary! We have very different opinions but my jabs were unnecessary. It is definitely time to move on to ignoring rather than jabbing. Iíll start by not responding to your characterizations of Zip and Mike.

Ö that notorious SusaninNJ
SusaninNJ is offline   Reply With Quote

ZipLine

Old 10-25-2021, 10:33 AM

Since my name was brought up.....

It is pretty sad that on a completely different site anyone there would make any snarky comments about non-members of the board. There is a board rule to be nice and respectful to others. Moderators should enforce that then even when it is about non-members.

Last edited by ZipLine; 10-25-2021 at 10:51 AM.. Reason: Because I can.
ZipLine is online now   Reply With Quote

annie_g

Old 10-25-2021, 10:38 AM

Actually she is not one of the moderators. It is pretty ridiculous to act like only liberals have taken jabs. The poster who started this thread did it. And several other conservatives have also in lounge threads. Anyone can read the I&P board and see for themselves. If you don't want to join our Reddit group, that is really just fine with me. I am actually quite happy to leave some people here behind.

ZipLine

Old 10-25-2021, 10:50 AM

Yes, annie, anyone can read the I&P board and see for themselves. They may have to search a bit to find the posts with name calling such as "dumb as a rock," "racist," "RepubliKKKan," "cultist," etc but it's there multiple times (except for when the Editors were around to delete it).

Quote:
I am actually quite happy to leave some people here behind.
Likewise, I am happy to see some people go.

timeforbed

zipline
Old 10-25-2021, 10:52 AM

Quote:
The original post that the Reddit comment is referring to was a post on the PT lounge last week. There were a few confusing back and forth comments that didn’t seem to connect to the original post and then it petered out.
Walkline posted that above. You probably didn't see it.

I believe everyone on the Reddit and FB groups are intent on keeping the board free from politics. It's been a rough ride here on PT. I personally have enjoyed our back and forth comments on that board and have learned a tremendous amount about political issues, but it is definitely not for everyone. You've always been willing to step right in and defend your positions and give information. I appreciate that and everyone who took the time to explain their postitions and thoughts.

Let's move on.
timeforbed is online now   Reply With Quote

bGracie

Old 10-25-2021, 11:38 AM

Quote:
There is a board rule to be nice and respectful to others. Moderators should enforce that then even when it is about non-members.
I didn't think those rules would really be enforced, which is a good reason to stay away from that place.

Quote:
Likewise, I am happy to see some people go.
Ain't that the truth!

Quote:
It is pretty ridiculous to act like only liberals have taken jabs. The poster who started this thread did it.
Let's actually be honest. The poster who started this thread did not take a jab. She responded to one. There's a difference between starting the problem and responding to it. As adults, can't we all see that? Don't answer. I already know the response.
bGracie is offline   Reply With Quote

annie_g

Old 10-25-2021, 11:48 AM

The OP posted a comment from an outside board and then bashed the poster. Why is that okay? If she (and you) don't like the Reddit board and don't like the moderators, then don't join. The conservatives from the I&P board are the ones being rude and calling names.

word girl

Old 10-25-2021, 12:46 PM

Quote:
It is pretty sad that on a completely different site anyone there would make any snarky comments about non-members of the board. There is a board rule to be nice and respectful to others. Moderators should enforce that then even when it is about non-members.
This is NOT happening. There is no commentary, political or otherwise, about any other PT members on the reddit board.

Literally the only people bashing people are on this thread, aimed AT the reddit board moderators, not the other way around.

Again, you can go to the reddit board and see for yourself.

annie_g

Old 10-25-2021, 01:16 PM

Somewhat ironic that some people in this thread want to squash other people's free speech while claiming to be free thinkers!

imatchr2

Old 10-25-2021, 02:12 PM

I wonít repeat them here, but there has been some pretty nasty things said toward and about liberal posters on the IP board, toward liberals in general, towards immigrants, toward the LGBTQ+ community....

Options were presented in case this site was shut down. A completely new FB groups was created and an already existing Reddit group graciously offered an invitation to join. There are other options open to people as well.

The OP was completely unnecessary. To call out the moderators of the Reddit group did everything that the OP purported to dislike.
imatchr2 is online now   Reply With Quote

TeaPro

Old 10-26-2021, 08:02 AM

I really don't understand what this is about. I've been looking at the kindred konnections group just about daily and posting at times, and have not seen anything like what you've described. Are you talking about another Reddit group? I'm sorry there are disagreements. But I just come to the Lounge and the Reddit group for friendly conversation.
TeaPro is offline   Reply With Quote

Caroltn4

Backstory
Old 10-26-2021, 01:11 PM

Some of you need to know the backstory to all of this. On this board, everything is generally all sugar and spice (as it should be). On the I and P board, it can get downright vicious (as it shouldn't be). In checking out alternate sites, just in case this one permanently folds, the OP's quote from a certain poster was seen. The only interpretation of it that I can come to is that that poster's animosity toward particular individuals is carrying over to the Reddit site. This may not be true for all members of that board, but if even one such "jab" is allowed by the moderators, then, yes, I agree with Summerwillcom that it would not be a welcoming place for all posters. I don't know anything about the FB page as I do not intend to ever think of joining it, but the Reddit thing is looking mighty dicey to me. I'm sure that there are those who will twist things around, but Summerwillcom is completely right about what she said in her post. I would be leery of those who whine about it.
Caroltn4 is offline   Reply With Quote

word girl

Old 10-26-2021, 01:32 PM

It sure sounds like a lot of posters that are not even part of the reddit group are continuing to malign it without even seeing it.

They are judging it based on a few members who post on the I & P board.

Again, you can go and read all of the posts in the Reddit Group. There is nothing going on there other than posts you would find here in the Lounge - food, books, family, etc.

The I & P board can get heated, this is true. But it rarely spills out into the Lounge. And to insinuate that it is one-sided is disingenuous.

Regardless, to continually come here to the Lounge and denigrate a group of people on another site without any merit at all smacks of cliquishness.

UMW

Old 10-26-2021, 01:35 PM

Enough!! A pox on both your houses!
UMW is offline   Reply With Quote

ZipLine

Old 10-26-2021, 02:14 PM

Quote:
There is no commentary, political or otherwise, about any other PT members on the reddit board.
There isnít now. The comment brought up in the OP above was on the board when she posted this thread. I saw it myself. Iím sure being called out on it was incentive to remove it.

annie_g

Old 10-26-2021, 03:00 PM

Seriously, if you don't want to be a member on the Reddit board, then please just go on about your business and leave us alone. Why stir up all this drama?

Caroltn4

Old 10-26-2021, 03:22 PM

It is interesting how some are claiming there was no such post on the Reddit board as Summerwillcom described. Well, it is true that there is no such post NOW. Obviously, either the poster or the moderators have removed it. If it had been a benign post, why was that done? This thread was titled "Is PT Finally Down?"

Oh, wait, I happened to have copied it right from the board. Here it is, word for word, misspellings and all.

SusaninNJ said, "Limping along for me. Got a few Zippy and Mikecofefee jabs in."

By the way, the posters she was "jabbing" are actually Zipline and Mikecoffee. She should at least be accurate in the names even if she can't be accurate in the "facts" she slings about.

annie_g

Old 10-26-2021, 03:25 PM

You just can't let it go. Kind of sad that you are so obsessed. Enjoy your snooping over on Reddit!

annie_g

Old 10-26-2021, 03:37 PM

I hope that everyone here can see it is the conservative members from the I&P board who have decided to bring this to the lounge and continue the drama. If you don't like the Reddit board, don't join.

Caroltn4

Old 10-26-2021, 03:40 PM

No, the sad part is dealing with hypocrites such as those who deny that the post was there. I notice that deflection is in order, as usual. So just give it up. All of your protesting just highlights the accuracy of the OP's post.

Oh, and I'm sorry that I didn't realize that you owned the Reddit site. You must think that you do, otherwise why would you try to control who "snoops" there? But if you must know, I was checking the site out to see if it was a viable alternative to PT. Obviously it is not.

annie_g

Old 10-26-2021, 03:43 PM

I said to enjoy your snooping, not to stop it. I can't control you or what you say, just like you can't control me or what I say. And that goes for everyone else, too. Funny how you say you like free speech.

Caroltn4

Old 10-26-2021, 04:00 PM

Meh. Meh. Meh.

annie_g

Old 10-26-2021, 04:07 PM

I do find it funny that you are so upset over something that does not involve you in a group that you are not a member of. But whatever. Meh.

Munchkins

PT FB link
Old 10-26-2021, 05:07 PM

I forgot to post the link yesterday- oops!

https://fb.me/g/Q0PkDTQL/9JGdTJCY

I joined Reddit, too. Iím sure itís great, I just need time to explore it. Itís all good, as long as we keep in touch!
Munchkins is online now   Reply With Quote

eliza4one

Old 10-26-2021, 05:13 PM

Quote:
I joined Reddit, too. Iím sure itís great, I just need time to explore it. Itís all good, as long as we keep in touch!
Where's the "Like" button??? Oh ya...over on FB!
eliza4one is online now   Reply With Quote

GraceKrispy

Old 10-26-2021, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Where's the "Like" button??? Oh ya...over on FB!
You can upvote on Reddit, too Seems like a like button to me... And you can "like" on AtoZ.
GraceKrispy is online now   Reply With Quote

eliza4one

Old 10-27-2021, 03:20 AM

Quote:
You can upvote on Reddit, too Seems like a like button to me... And you can "like" on AtoZ.
Only so many hours in a day, lol. I joined both Reddit and AtoZ, but right now, only have time for PT and FB.
eliza4one is online now   Reply With Quote
SusaninNJ
Old 10-27-2021, 05:40 AM
This message has been deleted by SusaninNJ.

Mikecoffee

Old 11-13-2021, 05:56 AM

I am considered wildly hilarious by all reasonable humans.
Mikecoffee is offline   Reply With Quote