Help

Retired Teachers

Count Down!

>

Munchkins

Count Down!
Old 11-23-2021, 02:04 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am so looking forward to being part of this happy group! At last count I have 113 school days to go! This rough group is just what I need to reassure me that I am making the right decision at the right time!

I am enjoying purging as I go- I will leave the room as neat and clean as I received it!

Hopefully this room/website will still be here when I retire in June. If not, Iíll have to start a PT Retirees FB group!

Munchkins is offline   Reply With Quote

WalkDontRun

Old 11-23-2021, 06:31 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Congratulations on your pending retirement. I also had some really challenging students my last couple of years and was more than ready to be done. I retired during COVID so really didnít get any closure or a lot of ďlastsĒ. Enjoy the next few months and purge away!
WalkDontRun is offline   Reply With Quote

twinmom95

Old 11-24-2021, 03:37 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Congrats! I will also be joining you in June . I have also been purging.

After several days of full trash cans/ recycle bins in early Oct, the custodian asked me if I was retiring, lol! I had not made it public yet, but figured he would wonder what was going on.

Yesterday I tossed/ gave away the class set of chapter books we just finished reading. They were very " well loved/ used". They were at least 20+ years old, came from 2 reading series ago ( and we haven't had a series in a very long time!) and I am the only one who had used it in at least 7 or 8 years. The kids were excited to keep it if they chose to.

I then tossed my binder of activities and worksheets, many of which were made when you couldn't make a solid line on a computer or printer to write the answer but only a dashed line! I would have to explain to the the kids that they didn't need to write one letter on each line segment!

Last edited by twinmom95; 11-24-2021 at 07:09 AM..
twinmom95 is offline   Reply With Quote

Shelby3

Wahoooo!
Old 11-24-2021, 06:58 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Congrats on celebrating your "lasts"! And even better it sounds like you have a plan. Don't get bogged down with clearing stuff out - just do it! With the current climate, I think your timing is perfect. All this negativity is stressful and exhausting.
We're all hoping for a PT miracle for 2022. Let's keep going.
Shelby3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Munchkins

Thanks!
Old 11-24-2021, 02:46 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I am giving this class the best year possible, as I look forward to the land of endless summers! (Or weeks of 6 Saturdays and a Sunday!)

twinmom95- I’ll be back in NJ before Robin and Kevin’s wedding! Congratulations to you, too. I’m giving away or purging after each unit- feels so good!

Last edited by Munchkins; 11-24-2021 at 07:32 PM..

Violets2

Old 11-24-2021, 04:18 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I'm right there with you Munchkins and twinmom I don't know how many days left, I'm counting months because that's easier I too am purging but know I can only do so much until the end of the year. Each monthly folder is getting pitched once I'm done with it and yes it feels so good! I'm enjoying this class but only because I have a wonderful student teacher that will stay until the end of the year. This is group is very different than others and yes, I can say it's "covid brain" plus the fact that I suddenly became a special ed room. The things I have to repeat and explain over and over, I haven't done in the past.
Violets2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Munchkins

100 Days to Go!!!
Old 12-15-2021, 06:37 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Today was the 80th day of school, so tomorrow Iíll be in the double digits of school days before real retirement!

Iíll miss my P/friend/mentor, and my new teacher friends, but I am so looking forward to not being a teacher any more! I just want to be me!

gradymidget

Old 01-13-2022, 05:59 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

I remember doing the countdown too! And life after retirement doesnít mean you are losing your teaching friends. Even four years after retirement I am still in touch regularly with those friends who are still teaching and those that have also retired.
gradymidget is offline   Reply With Quote