Help

The VENT

Parents Tattling/Complaining

>

Savvy

Parents Tattling/Complaining
Old 04-23-2012, 04:22 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Why is it that parents feel the need to go to the principal to complain about teachers? When do we get the courtesy of receiving a phone call from a parent who has a concern? I'm so sick of parents and their pettiness. This phone conversation that I just had takes the cake!!!!

Savvy is offline   Reply With Quote

Flowers Still

parents complain to principal before me
Old 04-23-2012, 04:57 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I always tell parents, "please call me if you have a problem", we can work out anything as a team. No team...... just complaining !
Flowers Still is offline   Reply With Quote

Savvy

trouble
Old 04-23-2012, 05:02 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I just feel like they think they are going to get us in "trouble". But we are adults, that's not how it works. I'm just over it. I might use your team idea.

anna

Old 04-23-2012, 05:34 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

This is an admin problem. An effective admin would stop and refer the parent back to the teacher. No admin likes to be tattled on either.
anna is offline   Reply With Quote

yesteach

I agree
Old 04-23-2012, 05:46 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

with Anna. Almost every principal I've ever had has stopped them before they even got started (there were a couple who didn't). The principal should be asking if they've contacted you before they even address the issue, and if not, then refer them back to you and tell them IF it can't be worked out, THEN they can contact him/her.

yesteach is offline   Reply With Quote

teenytiny

Old 04-23-2012, 06:08 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Totally agree with the others. The admin should not be entertaining these complaints/tattles unless the parent has already tried to work things out with the teacher first.
teenytiny is offline   Reply With Quote

Savvy

Admin
Old 04-23-2012, 06:23 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Well my admin entertains this sort of thing all of the time. I guess that's really the reason why I am over it. NO support. Blame, blame, blame. I'm just drained.

Getrgoing

Adm? How about the Asst. Supt?
Old 04-23-2012, 06:51 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

Last year, two weeks into the year, I had a parent who didn't stop at the principal's office but went over his head to the asst. supt. I was yelling at her kid. They didn't want their child my room and demanded he be put in another room. He was being bullied. The asst. supt. was great and stuck up for me as did the principal, but it was hell. Anyway this continued off and on for the ENTIRE year, until Feb. when she went on a kick again with the same stuff. Her ultimatum? Move my kid or I will homeschool or take him to another school. He went another school. Classroom was much nicer. Found out later that such was her personality. Some parents are mean and some are just plain dumb, but the kid is an innocent angel. Hang in there and consider the source.
Getrgoing is offline   Reply With Quote

Helena 12305

Old 04-23-2012, 07:08 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

They are wanting to get you in trouble and think that the principal will make you do what they want. I'm a reasonable person...I listen and then do what I want too, then I dig my heels in deeper. If I'm wrong...I will correct it. We are all human.
Helena 12305 is offline   Reply With Quote

funkster

I agree
Old 04-24-2012, 01:07 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

with Anna and others. Parents usually don't want to get us in trouble, but they can call or talk to the P &VP at any time. Our time to talk to parents is limited.
Our administrators listen to parents about general things. If it is something about the classroom they immediately ask, what did the teacher say. If they haven't spoken to us, they are nicely told to discuss it with the child's teacher and then get back to them. Yes, sometimes administrators do it right.

funkster is offline   Reply With Quote

teabreak

Parents
Old 04-24-2012, 05:31 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

I know not all parents are a pain. I actually like some of the parents of students I have. There is always one that takes the cake though. I had a parent call the school board and the DOE because she didn't like the way a teacher talked to her child. Well, said child didn't tell her the whole truth. I ended up having to call this parent back and had witnesses around. She yelled and blamed me for things that I wasn't even aware of. I got blamed for her child's behavior and then asked to reprimand administration! Oh boy. She is a nutcase and we all know it. I would like to ask when she is going to let Baby Boy deal with his own shortcomings, but that is wishful thinking. What will she do when he is put in jail because he has hurt someone? Hmmm......Guess teachers will be to blame for that too.
teabreak is offline   Reply With Quote