Help

Retired Teachers

Former Students

>

jjwires

Former Students
Old 01-05-2020, 07:17 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

We were dining out Friday night when a guy and girl came over to our table. They are siblings that I had many many years ago in school. They are from a delightful family and we had fun catching up on everything. The guy told me that he is turning 50 this year & having a hard time dealing with getting older. His little sister is 47. Imagine their laughter when I told them I would be 70 this year!

I was so happy to see both of them. Don't you just love to see former students & hear of their successes?
He's a mechanial engineer and she's a speech pathologist.

jjwires is offline   Reply With Quote

1956BD

How fun!
Old 01-05-2020, 07:22 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Yes, it is fun. I have not had it happen in a while because I moved after retiring. But when in Austin visiting it is still possible.

The last time it happened I did not recognize the girl at all but she knew who I was even though my last name changed since I had her as a student. She was the cashier at the grocery store where I was checking out. It was great to see her. She grew into a beautiful woman.
1956BD is offline   Reply With Quote

hand

Old 01-05-2020, 08:26 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I go to an exercise studio that is not in the suburb where I taught. A young woman who was in my class 28 years ago recognized me. I love chatting with her when we are in the same class. What amazes me is that I knew her name as soon as she started talking. I left that school right after she was in my first grade, so I have not seen her in all those years.
I enjoyed your story. It is a reminder of the impact that teachers have on children.
hand is offline   Reply With Quote

NJ Teacher

Recently...
Old 01-05-2020, 08:52 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I had one come up to me in the supermarket and another was in my spin class with her mother. It was fun catching up. I am very bad at recognizing faces, but if they offer their name, it all comes back. I hear from a lot on FB, as well.
NJ Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote

lisa53

Old 01-06-2020, 02:28 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I live in a small community and see former students all the time. In fact, it's so common for me to encounter them that whenever we are out and about and someone rushes over to say hello to me, Gentleman Friend asks, "Former student?"

lisa53 is offline   Reply With Quote