Help

First Grade

Folder Help..

>

bboopboop

Folder Help..
Old 08-17-2014, 11:47 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I will be sending home a packet on Mondays that will come back the following Monday.

I am thinking of making a separate HW folder/ holder that will be sent every Monday and refilled when it's returned etc.

I guess I will need a take home folder for notes too? How many folders do you use and whats your procedures for them?

bboopboop is offline   Reply With Quote

funkster

I use one folder
Old 08-17-2014, 03:14 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

It is the two pocket type. I have labels that read: Keep at Home on one pocket and Bring Back to School on the other pocket.
I place the papers in the folders at lunchtime for the first few weeks or until I see that my first graders can do it themselves.

When I use the packets Monday-Friday or Monday-Monday the parents either have the kids work on the packet and just put it in the folder everyday until the due date so they don't misplace it, or they take it out and put it back in on the day it is due.

This folder comes to school and goes home every single day. The kids will replace the folder when it gets ripped or worn out.
HTH
funkster is offline   Reply With Quote

fishingforfun

1 Folder
Old 08-18-2014, 05:59 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I also use one folder for everything. It goes home M-Th and stays at school over the weekend. Right side is return to school and left side is leave at home. The parents don't have any problems figuring this system out.
fishingforfun is offline   Reply With Quote

beachbumteach

one folder here too
Old 08-18-2014, 07:56 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

We use one folder at my school. It has two pockets. I use this folder for everything including homework. One side says "Keep at Home" and the other side says "Return to School". Each morning my students come into class and file their folder in the crate. I pass these out at the end of the day when we are getting ready to go home. It worked well for me last year and plan to do it again this year.
beachbumteach is offline   Reply With Quote