The VENT

Job posted

>

Guest1864

Guest1864

Job posted
Old 05-01-2019, 04:51 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

This morning I was scanning the job postings for my city and saw my job posted. Iím not 100% sure itís my job, but there are only 5 of us at this school that teach this grade level and no one has said anything about leaving. Also we are definitely not expanding. This is only my 2nd year there so Iím low man. I emailed my supervisor and asked if it was my job that was posted but havenít heard back. My heart is heavy tonight.

DeeDee3073

Old 05-01-2019, 05:51 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Wow! Hopefully, that's not the case and your admin would discuss it with you beforehand. I wouldn't worry yet. You never know what is going on behind the scenes. Someone could be leaving and not want to say anything until the last minute. Or someone at another level could be leaving, and the admin is planning to move someone. You never know so there's no point in jumping to conclusions. I hope it works out for you.
DeeDee3073 is offline   Reply With Quote

c6g

Old 05-01-2019, 06:17 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

When I was a regular teacher, I once had something similar happen to me. I didn't lose my job, but it was a terrible experience. For your sake, I hope there's a good explanation.

Do you have a contract? Very often, there's a term that prohibits the employer from releasing a teacher without providing notice a certain number of days before the school year ends.

I don't have any advice, but I hope everything works out for you.
c6g is offline   Reply With Quote

GraceKrispy

Old 05-01-2019, 06:36 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

For one of my teaching jobs, they had to post our job every year until we had tenure. If someone else applied for our jobs in-district with seniority, they had to be given the job. Maybe it's something like that? It was stressful each year until I got tenure!
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote

Kinderkr4zy

Old 05-02-2019, 06:09 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Something similar happened to a colleague once. I told he that a position in her grade level was posted and if she thought I should apply for it. We both thought it was the senior teacher on her teaching team retiring even though she always said she still felt far away from wanting to retire even in her late 60's.

Well, it turned out that the position was my colleagues and she was blindsided.

If I were you I would go with the idea that it never hurts to be prepared. I would write a letter of resignation and keep it in my purse at the ready-just in case. That way if you get called in to the office and a conversation starts obviously heading that way you can preempt the non renewal and not have to answer yes on applications that ask if you have been non renewed or been forced to resign to avoid nonrenewal. I would also get my letters of rec in order under the auspices of keeping my files current.

Hopefully its nothing like PP's have mentioned but it never hurts to follow that boy scout motto and be prepared.

Kinderkr4zy is online now   Reply With Quote