Help

The VENT

Well, I guess they have a favorite.

>

checkerjane

Well, I guess they have a favorite.
Old 12-20-2019, 04:53 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

“Those” parents that I’ve talked about before - the ones who the mom said she was out to make the sped teacher’s life a living hell in their last school, bashed the school and the teacher on FB, screamed at them -yeah, those.

Today they gave a Christmas gift to one of my paras but not me or my other para.

Not expecting a gift, by any means. But, now the overthinking me is wondering if I’ve done something to piss them off and if I’m the next sped teacher on their chopping block.

checkerjane is offline   Reply With Quote

KetchupChips

Old 12-20-2019, 05:16 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Those type of people will always find fault. They like being miserable and love to blame others. They must be unhappy in their lives. Who behaves like that...screaming? We donít allow students to lose control like that. And we teach students to be nice. Crazy!

Do not overthink this. They gifted one para to tick you off. Donít let them get in your head. And donít let it show that it bothers you...kill them with kindness.

Let it go and happy holidays! May your new year be filled with blessings!
KetchupChips is online now   Reply With Quote

Haley23

Old 12-20-2019, 06:23 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

One year one of my students brought the SLP a $50 gift card and absolutely nothing for me . She saw him for 30 minutes per week. He was in my room for over an hour every day and I was also his case manager/had to do all of his paperwork/lead meetings with parents, etc. Never did figure out what their problem with me was.

I very rarely receive gifts from students at all- despite spending multiple years with my students, tutoring several of them for an hour after school 4 days per week, and spending a lot of time communicating with the families. It's not that I want whatever the material thing is, but it is a bit hurtful when I see them bringing something for that year's classroom teacher and no acknowledgement for me at all. I would love to get even a card. And especially so when they give something for one non-classroom teacher and not another.

As far as worrying about this parent being out to get you, you've already resigned, right? I don't see how they could do anything to hurt you- you don't want to work there anyway! Even if they complain, I would think admin isn't going to want to bother with it since they already know you're not coming back.
Haley23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Kinderkr4zy

Old 12-21-2019, 11:29 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

That TOTALLY happened to me a few years ago.

A parent observed all the teachers on the grade level before requesting me. Then she proceeded to find fault with everything I did.

Then mom brought in gifts and Starbucks for The P, the Secretary, and the Sped teacher, and make a big show about bringing these things in...And how I was clearly being snubbed not given anything. The student also announced to the class that mom had done this because the mom is is nice.

The next year the teacher was loved but the same sped teacher who had rated gifts and coffee and appreciation-yeah she was selected for snubbing and not only that but the mom tried to throw her under the bus to the super. The next year it was the technology teacher and the classroom teacher.

I wouldn't take it personal, it is just your turn, someone else will get the next turn and so on and so forth. Youre out of there, and if need be you can leave sooner so keep your eyes peeled and your head low but know that there is only so much she can do. The woman is crazy, and crazy is as crazy does huh.
Kinderkr4zy is offline   Reply With Quote

Summerwillcom

Passive/Aggressive
Old 12-21-2019, 12:59 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

They might have done it to bother you, but do not let it bug you. If you do, they win!

Summerwillcom is online now   Reply With Quote

hiker1

Old 12-22-2019, 01:03 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Hayley23,
I could have written your post. I've watched siblings of my students bring in gifts for their teachers, yet I am invisible. I'll get over it but it stinks.
hiker1 is offline   Reply With Quote