Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

Here I go, again.

>

checkerjane

Here I go, again.
Old 12-29-2019, 05:45 PM

I’m trying to get un-fat for the 999,999th time.

I’m ready to feel better about myself and at least have a few days here and there when I feel pretty. I’m going back on Weight Watchers. I lost a lot of my baby weight on WW about 8 years ago. Then life happened, and I got careless, and it plus about 20 pounds piled back on.

I’d like to lose about 50 pounds overall. I get so mad at myself when I take a step back and realize how far I’ve let myself go.

And if a Whitesnake song didn’t pop in your head when you read my title, then we can’t be friends. My sister is 7 years older than I am, so her generation of music became mine, which is cool because the music of the mid 90s early 2000s sucked.

checkerjane is offline   Reply With Quote

bookgeek59

Old 12-29-2019, 05:52 PM

Goin down the only road I've ever known...Like a drifter I was born to walk alone..

I'm a couple weeks into Noom. Tired of being a larda$$ and not feeling as great as I used to.

Good luck to you!
bookgeek59 is online now   Reply With Quote

potter403

Old 12-29-2019, 06:04 PM

I am right there with you. I was thinking about trying Noom. Please tell me what you like and don't like about it. I hope you both are successful on your weight loss journey.
potter403 is offline   Reply With Quote

ICrazyTeach

Old 12-29-2019, 06:06 PM

I started in on Shoop instead of Whitesnake

Good luck! I know the frustrations of gaining weight. And how hard it is to get rid of it!
ICrazyTeach is offline   Reply With Quote

teachnkids

Old 12-29-2019, 06:10 PM

I'm right with you! I mentioned before Christmas that I was going to start swimming instead of walking on a treadmill. I hate the treadmill and love the pool.

Low and behold I got goggles for Christmas. Bathing suit was ordered and will be delivered tomorrow! I'm hoping this works!

teachnkids is offline   Reply With Quote

checkerjane

Old 12-29-2019, 06:20 PM

Quote:
I'm right with you! I mentioned before Christmas that I was going to start swimming instead of walking on a treadmill. I hate the treadmill and love the pool.

Low and behold I got goggles for Christmas. Bathing suit was ordered and will be delivered tomorrow! I'm hoping this works!
That’s awesome!!!! It’s easier to stick with it if it’s something you enjoy.

The local karate school offers kick boxing classes, and I’ve thought about joining, but then nobody needs to see my fat jiggle in all its glory.

Zia

Old 12-29-2019, 06:27 PM

Quote:
nobody needs to see my fat jiggle in all its glory.

Don't let this stop you. Pretty much everyone else is obsessing over how they look, so they don't even have time to look at you.
Zia is offline   Reply With Quote

kidsrme11

Intermittent Fasting
Old 12-29-2019, 07:28 PM

Please consider IF. I swear that just one day doing it and I feel better. My joints ache less, my skin looks better, my feet donít hurt as much and I feel less puffy all over. Iíve been playing with it. I was able to do it for weeks at a time- easiest thing I could do for myself, but I have not been consistent through out the holidays. Iím 2 days in now and feeling better. Itís easy.
The book by Gin Stephens, Delay, Donít Deny, explains it well. Itís truly not for wright loss, but itís a great side effect.
Thereís a great Facebook group Delay Donít Deny where you can hear first hand stories.
kidsrme11 is offline   Reply With Quote

checkerjane

Old 12-29-2019, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Please consider IF. I swear that just one day doing it and I feel better. My joints ache less, my skin looks better, my feet donít hurt as much and I feel less puffy all over. Iíve been playing with it. I was able to do it for weeks at a time- easiest thing I could do for myself, but I have not been consistent through out the holidays. Iím 2 days in now and feeling better. Itís easy.
The book by Gin Stephens, Delay, Donít Deny, explains it well. Itís truly not for wright loss, but itís a great side effect.
Thereís a great Facebook group Delay Donít Deny where you can hear first hand stories.
I can totally see where IF would be beneficial! Problem is that I have a chronic health problem and have to take medication with food twice daily. Iíve tried IF before, and get sick and woozy if I donít eat a decent amount of food when I take my meds.

desert flower

Old 12-29-2019, 10:31 PM

I recently did WW. Iost 22 pounds in 9 weeks. I fell off the wagon a few months ago. I kept the weight off until the holidays when I gained 4 pounds. I'm ready to jump back on the band wagon and move ahead. Good luck to you.

desert flower is offline   Reply With Quote

Clarity

I have been kind of lazy since mid-September,
Old 12-30-2019, 07:43 AM

only doing Zumba classes 2-4 times a week and Yoga once a week, plus dancing on Saturday nights, but totally abandoning the strength training. No excuses.

I have actually not gained any weight, but my body does not look as good as it did six months ago. That is because I am losing lean muscle mass and replacing it with fat. My clothes fit differently. I hate having to suck in my stomach, which is where all the fat settles. I like to wear tight clothing, so it shows.

My resolution is to get back to the weight training, Bootcamp, HIIT, Tabata, Boxing-type classes at least twice a week, and keep up with the Zumba and Yoga. Here's to 2020!
Clarity is offline   Reply With Quote

happygal

I can help
Old 12-30-2019, 08:00 AM

I am doing intermittent fasting. My "feeding window" goes from noon until 6pm. I eat 3 meals and 3 snacks.

I was losing a pound every 3 days or so

The diet has rules.

Water only, 8 cups daily
Coffee ok
No sugar
No refined flour
Clean lean food only
Red wine one glass a day if you must
No white flour
No food made in a factory

The book is titled Clean & Lean. The author doctor gives you a daily menu, with choices, and daily exercises. I have yet to squeeze in his exercises which are mostly calisthenics.

I have a hard time getting my meals in before my feeding window closes.

I generally weigh myself every morning preferably after elimination. I write my weight on my calendar.

My weight was 140, i am 55 and 5 3 with a small frame. My ultimate goal is 120 but will be happy with 125. 125 is still 5 pounds less than what my license says
happygal is offline   Reply With Quote

kidsrme11

Old 12-30-2019, 12:13 PM

Checkerjane - I'm no expert, but I do want you to feel good. That's the whole reason for it all, isn't it? . Can you work your two meals into an 8 or 10 hour window of time which would still leave you with 16 or 14 hours of fasting? Just an idea. What ever you do, be healthy and well!
kidsrme11 is offline   Reply With Quote