Future Teachers

Praxis II

>

bkxy12

Praxis II
Old 09-17-2013, 01:19 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hello all,
I am an Early Childhood Education major and have already passed my Praxis I. However, I have not yet taken the Praxis II and was wondering if there are any great books, websites, or other resources to help me prepare for the test. Thanks in advance!

bkxy12 is offline   Reply With Quote

JBfan423

Praxis II
Old 09-17-2013, 01:25 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I took the Praxis II this past May and passed. The resources that I used were the sample questions on the ETS website. I think they are found under the Test at a Glance section on the page for the specific test you need to take. I went over the questions multiple times prior to taking the tests, and it really seemed to help. The libraries near me did not have any of the ETS books so I could only use the questions online. I hope this helps and good luck when you take Praxis II.
JBfan423 is offline   Reply With Quote

elandi6

Praxis II
Old 09-18-2013, 03:51 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Like JBFan, I also just used the free test help on the ETS website. I'm Elementary, so I know that our tests are different. No library had the books for my exams because I think they just changed mine over to a new test, however some libraries have study guides if you feel that you need them. I passed the II on the first try just from reading the "Test at a Glance." I would suggest going over the questions and really getting a feel of the kinds of questions that they are sampling. A lot of mine were more situational than content related, so I used that to brush up on some types of teaching methods, some theories and philosophies, etc. Good Luck!
elandi6 is offline   Reply With Quote

bkxy12

Praxis II help
Old 09-23-2013, 12:32 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Thank you both!!

bkxy12

Difficulty?
Old 10-10-2013, 12:29 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Do you both think that the test was difficult? What are some of the basic categories that are on the test?

JBfan423

Not as bad as Praxis I
Old 10-20-2013, 01:31 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Personally, I thought that Praxis II was easier than Praxis I. The content knowledge test was easier than the Principles of learning and theories test. The content knowledge consisted of a lot of common sense questions whereas the theories test was more of the principles. The categories for the content knowledge test were math, science, language arts, music, etc. I hope this helps!
JBfan423 is offline   Reply With Quote