Help

BusyBoard

It's official...

>

sterlingsun

It's official...
Old 10-23-2020, 08:14 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

we're continuing virtual learning for the second marking period. That takes us to the beginning of February. I'm honestly a bit relieved. Our numbers are rising in my state and with the holidays coming up I know students will be traveling. I'm glad my district has made the call. Anyone else continuing virtual learning?

Last edited by sterlingsun; 10-23-2020 at 09:08 AM..
sterlingsun is offline   Reply With Quote

jazzer

Old 10-23-2020, 08:46 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

My school will be virtual until at least the beginning of January. Other schools in my district were due to have a few select students return Monday and a few on November 9th. That is not happening now because our county health department has told all schools in the county to stay virtual or go backs to it if they were hybrid or totally in person.
jazzer is online now   Reply With Quote

TAOEP

Old 10-23-2020, 09:00 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I'm retired now, but my old district is fully remote until late January. Right now teachers have the option of working from home or from the school buildings. Starting in early January, they will be required to work from the schools. Not sure whether the wifi will actually work well enough in all buildings to support that heavy usage. We'll see.
TAOEP is offline   Reply With Quote

GreyhoundGirl

Old 10-23-2020, 09:36 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

We had self contained sped classes go back the 12th. K-2 was supposed to start back Monday. W just got an email they’re putting a “pause” on it because of rising numbers.
GreyhoundGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
CovidConcern

CovidConcern

Covid and School
Old 10-23-2020, 10:02 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I signed out because my response will reveal my state, and possibly my county.

We are continuing 100% face-2-face instruction. My state is number 1 in the counrty for cases per capita. My counties daily positivity rate is 13.25%, with a 14 day rolling average of 12.1%. The 14 day average of cases per 10,000 people is 85. Our hospitals are running out of beds for patients. Our governor refuses to issue mask mandates and now says that close contacts no longer need to quarantine if you were wearing masks. Our cases have skyrocketed over the last 3 weeks and there is no end to this climb in sight. But, our schools are 100% open.

teachnkids

Old 10-23-2020, 10:34 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Our elementary and middle school students went back this week....with rising numbers.
teachnkids is online now   Reply With Quote

chalkdusty

Old 10-23-2020, 11:02 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Retired now, but my old district has been f2f since after Labor Day. Some students have elected to go all virtual. Students may not change their status until semester ends. Our county has a 12% positivity rate and the mask mandate was not renewed. Few wear masks here. "It is what it is" is the mantra.

Glad I am retired. There have been cases in the district among students, staff, and admin. There have been a few students who had to quarantine when classmates tested positive. It's business as usual here.
chalkdusty is online now   Reply With Quote