Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

Should I ask for refund?

>

choppie70

Should I ask for refund?
Old 06-06-2020, 08:34 AM

I ordered a purse from a company on the West Coast on April 6th.

The information on the website did not say anything about the products being shipped directly from China. I did not know that piece of information until I got notice that is was being prepared for shipping. They have since updated their website with this information.

It "shipped" on April 13th, so I was less concerned. The shipping has not updated at all since April 13th. When I put in the USPS tracking number that was given , it still says that a tracking number has been created, nothing past that.

I emailed the company a few weeks ago and they explained that shipping is taking longer due to Covid and that orders are taking about 4 - 5 weeks to reach their destination. I totally understand that.

It is now 8 weeks and the shipping status has not changed at all.

Should I sent another email? ask for a refund?

I am not good with things like this.

choppie70 is offline   Reply With Quote

annie_g

Old 06-06-2020, 08:37 AM

I would. If they won't give you one, dispute it with your credit card company. It's way overdue!
annie_g is online now   Reply With Quote

Keltikmom

Refund
Old 06-06-2020, 08:43 AM

It will eventually arrive. Frankly, trying to get a refund from these foreign companies is tiresome and often impossible. I ordered some masks back in April that categorically stated they were made in US. As I tracked shipping, I learned they were not and were coming from China.

Tracking shipment for weeks...sat in Hong Kong for almost a month. Yesterday morning I got a notice that they were “lost in Los Angeles”. So I sent email asking for refund.

Masks were delivered yesterday afternoon.

Lesson learned....if it’s a really good deal, or the company has the names Rose or Lily in it, it’s coming from China.

And another example...I ordered two items from the Wish website just to try it out. Everything comes from China. One item arrived two months later, still waiting for second.

Last edited by Keltikmom; 06-06-2020 at 01:37 PM..
Keltikmom is online now   Reply With Quote

teachnkids

Old 06-06-2020, 08:48 AM

Same thing happened to me. I'm waiting for something coming from China, that I would not have ordered if I knew it was coming from there!

I ordered April 28th. It arrived in California on May 27th. Where the heck is it now??? No update beyond that??? If I don't have it by Monday I will contact them. If they don't offer a refund I will contact credit card!

Updated to add:. I sent DS,living in Denmark, a small box 3+ weeks ago and he hasn't received it yet...in transit!

Last edited by teachnkids; 06-06-2020 at 09:12 AM..
teachnkids is offline   Reply With Quote

Lynnteach2

Old 06-06-2020, 09:21 AM

The same thing happened to me with college face masks. I paid with PayPal. I decided after almost 8 weeks that my order wasn't coming so took it to PayPal resolution. We will see what happens.

Lynnteach2 is offline   Reply With Quote

giver1940

I ordered shoe covers through Amazon.
Old 06-06-2020, 09:26 AM

No where did it say China. Notice of shipment showed China so I contacted Amazon through chat and told them no way did I want them now. They said not to worry, the shipment would be refused at entry to US and I'd get a refund. They showed up last week. I put them on the swing on the patio - not touching them again even though our 90+ degrees should kill whatever. Contacted Amazon again and they said seller had to take care of refund. Amazon contacted him on my behalf supposedly. If i didn't hear in 3 business days, call Amazon again. I'm going to call tomorrow - Gave seller some extra days.
Hadn't thought about checking sellers listing to see if it now says China.
giver1940 is offline   Reply With Quote

cvt

order
Old 06-06-2020, 09:36 AM

I had a similar experience. I ordered an oxygen sensor through Amazon in mid March. I got a notice that the product had been shipped a few days after I ordered. By the middle of May I still hadn't received it, and through Amazon was able to contact the company in China. They begged me not to cancel the order and said that they would send another one if I didn't. I received BOTH shipments last Saturday. I received a message from the company saying I would be charged for only one of them. Now I feel kind of bad because they got caught in the Covid-related supply chain breakdown.
cvt is offline   Reply With Quote

sartori92

Old 06-06-2020, 09:59 AM

I had a similar situation happen recently. I saw on Instagram a company selling reuseable masks. I ordered some. They stated delivery was 7-10 business days. I never got a tracking number and I had to email them repeatedly for one. They finally sent me a tracking number for the USPS and claimed it wouldn’t show any movement because ‘USPS doesn’t scan all labels since they pick up so many packages’ the tracking number originated in PA but the company is in Utah.
I ended up filing a dispute directly with my credit card and I received a refund. Ironically they showed up mysteriously weeks later and weren’t even as described!!

I would suggest to file a dispute with your credit card company.
sartori92 is offline   Reply With Quote

eagles23

Old 06-06-2020, 10:13 AM

My mom ordered a gift for my DGS's birthday back in March. She didn't realize it was coming from China or she would never have ordered it. This is the woman who realized that all store-bought mandarin oranges are packaged in China so she started canning her own! She has only received one tracking notice saying it was on the way, but no exact details. Crickets since then, and she can't get in touch with anyone at the company. I keep telling her it will probably still come, but she is ready to write it off as a lesson learned. I will help her challenge it with her credit card company, but she just feels bad that she still hasn't given her DGGS a present.

I have learned that if I am not sure about a company I want to order from that there is usually an About Us link on the page somewhere. If it says anything about being an international company I will not order.
eagles23 is online now   Reply With Quote

Peaches250

Been scammed too!
Old 06-06-2020, 10:39 AM

I ordered masks. Thought they were from the US. Nope. They are from China. I ordered them over a month ago. They were supposed to be delivered within 10-15 days of order. I still do not have a tracking number!
I guess Monday, I will figure out how to dispute a charge. I have never had to do that before!

Peaches250 is offline   Reply With Quote

amiga13

Old 06-06-2020, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvt
Now I feel kind of bad because they got caught in the Covid-related supply chain breakdown.
The same thing happened to me. My order was from China and kept getting delayed, but they wrote and seemed so sincere, I waited. Finally Amazon asked if I wanted a refund. I took the refund and 2 days later, the item arrived. I called Amazon to see what they wanted me to do (in the interim, I’d already received a similar order). I got a message: “Amazon is not taking calls at this time.” I tried to figure it out online, but couldn’t. I gave up and now have 2 (1 more than I need).
amiga13 is online now   Reply With Quote

marguerite2

Old 06-06-2020, 11:57 AM

Shipping from or to overseas is problematic now. Lots of flights have been cancelled so items that would have been shipped on those flights have to enter the cargo queue. Some things in the queue get priority. So it can take a while.

Two years ago I ordered something for my niece's birthday. I ordered from Amazon at the beginning of March for her late April birthday. It said ships from seller, but I figured plenty of time. I don't have prime, and I didn't pay for expedited shipping. Big mistake. They shipped it by boat. It arrived, was on the doorstep, when we came home from the birthday party.
marguerite2 is online now   Reply With Quote

Renea

Old 06-06-2020, 12:31 PM

Early in the COVID19 pandemic, I ordered Lysol disinfectant soap in 2 huge bottles through Amazon Prime. The tacking said they had been shipped and were on their way. I kept getting delivery updates and finally that they were out for delivery. The next day the message said the were lost in transit! I was a bit miffed thinking I was part of a scam. I messaged the supplier (not so nicely) asking for replacements, not the refund they offered because I needed the disinfectant. I received a polite reply apologizing and saying that they were all working from home in various locations and the communication was not easy and the supply chain uncertain. I apologized to them and said a refund would be ok and that I understood the mess they were dealing with. They refunded my money and a few weeks later I received the disinfectants with no charge.

Everyone is really just trying their best... usually.
Renea is offline   Reply With Quote

JanetL

Old 06-06-2020, 01:30 PM

I ordered face masks on April 1. They charged my credit card immediately, but I still havn't received them. They are coming from China. As of today, they say they will be arriving Thursday. We will see.
JanetL is online now   Reply With Quote

klarabelle

Old 06-06-2020, 06:50 PM

Since I have had a negative reaction with a mask from Amazon I would waste no time and demand a refund.
klarabelle is online now   Reply With Quote

eagles23

Update
Old 06-07-2020, 11:02 AM

My mom's package that she ordered for DGS on March 3 finally arrived yesterday! I was probably writing my earlier response as it was being delivered. She was so happy, and my DGS loved his birthday present.
eagles23 is online now   Reply With Quote