Help

Special Education

Need ideas...

>

3-5 sped

Need ideas...
Old 07-27-2010, 03:09 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am co-teaching a series of Professional Development workshops for Multiple Disabilities teachers in K-5. I need ideas for 3-5 make-it take-it type projects for reading and for math. Has anyone attended a similar event and made things that were very useful? I do not want teachers to make things that they will not use or need...Thanks for all of your ideas!

3-5 sped is offline   Reply With Quote

SDT

Old 07-27-2010, 03:56 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Picture schedules seem like an obvious choice if those aren't already in place. (The link is just one example.) Beyond that, they could download and create books from Tarheel Reader, and they could download and assemble activities from Boardmaker Share. There are some units on the Louisiana Significant Disabilities Access Guide that can be downloaded and constructed. Look under Instructional Materials Library on the green bar on the right. Also check out the Great Ideas just above that. You can download and assemble Unique Learning's summer unit. You can also look on AAC Intervention's Tips of the Month for some really good creative things to do. Be sure to check out tips from past years, too.
SDT is online now   Reply With Quote

usmcmomof3

websites
Old 07-29-2010, 04:29 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Have you tried the following website: http://www.fcrr.org/ It has things you can print out and copy to make mini centers. I use them as games in my classroom. Just go to the right side and click on a grade, scroll down the next page and they have activities for phonological awareness, fluency, comprehension, etc. They will give you a rather large file but when you go to print just print those pages you are interested in. I went to a great workshop in my district that gave us this website and various activities from the varing grades. I enjoyed it very much!!! As far as math there is mathwire.com that has things that you can make. Hope this helps and that it is what you are looking for.
usmcmomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote

3-5 sped

Thanks!!
Old 07-29-2010, 09:22 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Thanks guys for all of your ideas! All of the resources were new to me so that was VERY helpful!!
3-5 sped is offline   Reply With Quote