Help

Kindergarten

100th Day Math Lesson

>

TeacherPK6

100th Day Math Lesson
Old 02-10-2019, 03:39 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Does anyone have any fun ideas for a math lesson activity for the 100th day of school?

TeacherPK6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Miss Binney

Old 02-10-2019, 06:09 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Here's one I always did on the 100th Day of School as part of small group rotations...

I had a hundreds chart that was a floor mat size. I cut squares of construction paper in different colors to make a design on the mat. (You can google hundreds chart pictures for tons of ideas.) The kids would take turns placing the colored squares on the hundreds chart based on the clues that were given. Things like, "this square goes on the square that says four tens and six ones". Or "this one goes on the square that is the number before/after seventy-two".

We also did the traditional things like making a "100 Snack", Cereal necklaces with cereal grouped by tens, doing 100 actions, etc.
Miss Binney is offline   Reply With Quote

TeacherPK6

Old 02-11-2019, 03:34 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

That sounds fun!
TeacherPK6 is offline   Reply With Quote

luvtulearn

My 2 favs
Old 02-11-2019, 04:35 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

When I taught tk my fav was the the lesson using 100 red and pink kisses since it was right around Valentines Day. I began with a large floor 100 chart. I pulled the students to the rug and explained that I had hid 100 chocolate kisses around the room. Each kiss had a number written at the bottom in marker that coincided with a number on the chart. They had to find them, identify the number and place it on the chart. I color coded the pink for tens. You can take a picture when finished, enlarge it, and create a bulletin board .

My other fav I used was when I taught 1st and 2nd. This is done in partners or in groups. Each group gets a large sheet of butcher paper. They are to draw a large picture that contains 100 items or parts. In Kinder you would want to front load this lesson by showing pictures of things that come in 100"s. In first I also drew a sun and we created the 100 rays together. It is actually one of the best symmetry lessons out there because they have to "divide" up . For instance when drawing a centipede they might initially draw 70 legs on one side before they realize that it doesn't look right. Of course they take turns writing the numbers when counting and labeling. I would illustrate a large empty glass jar and ask what 100 items they would like to put in the jar. Don't be surprise if someone asks to draw 1 one-hundred dollar bill. I would suggest they draw 100 $1 dollar bills instead. The organization and grouping come to play here as well.

Hope these help.
luvtulearn is offline   Reply With Quote