Special Education

Resource Room Schedule

>

confused

confused

Resource Room Schedule
Old 11-04-2005, 08:42 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I need help with my schedule. I teach resource room for first and second grade in the morning for two hours. There are five students 3 in first and 2 in second. They all come to my classroom at the same time. My problem is scheduling time to work with all of them. Because of their abilities i have three different groups for math and two groups for reading. It's difficult having both grades at the same time. What are some things I can do to make the down (center time) more effective and the teaching time more efficient?

teri122

teri122

center
Old 11-08-2005, 05:37 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Have you tried center or center like activities that they can do independtly. You can have some of the kids doing this while you are addressing a skill with another student. I do this for my LA I have 12 kids in there on about 4 different levels. I pair up the ones that read well with the ones who are below grade level. The good reader helps the younger reader read what ever I have for him at the center.