The VENT

Misc. Grumblings

>

ICrazyTeach

Misc. Grumblings
Old 11-29-2018, 06:51 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

*Stop using Reply All when "All" don't need or want to read your response

*Don't ask me questions because you are simply too lazy to read the information already given to you (twice)

*How the heck do you find out if someone has a criminal record and what it is?

*When you admit your entire class "just doesn't listen to me" the problem is probably you not them. Try some structure, consistent rewards/consequences, actually teaching the behavior you want, and some communication with parents. Then we can talk about how it's them

*I really, really, really want to decide my own schedule from the moment the kids walk into my room until they walk out. And I don't want benchmarks and pacing guides that are nonsense. Let me actually use my expertise from all the training and experience I have to make decisions that are developmentally appropriate.

*Don't ask me what you should do, agree it sounds good, and then do something completely different.

*Stop giving me "stuff" to junk up my room without teaching students how/when to use it (and reteaching and reteaching until they can actually do it).

*I know your space is crowded. I know you probably don't want or need that item. But STOP putting it in the way in my room for me to deal with. Get rid of it. I have my own already. I don't want it either. And you have way more flexibility and "free" time in your day to deal with than I do.

*If I get one more friggin' form to fill out

*Just because it's not green and red doesn't mean it's not holiday decorations. You're not fooling anyone.

*Fix stuff in a timely manner--not weeks later. We actually need this stuff to teach kids and to take care of basic safety.

*Yes, clueless adult, those rules apply to you, too

*Enforce rules or don't have them.

Um. Yes. I am in a bad mood today

ICrazyTeach is offline   Reply With Quote

GreyhoundGirl

Old 11-29-2018, 07:10 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Love it all, especially the first 2.
GreyhoundGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Teacherbee_4

Me
Old 11-29-2018, 07:47 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Here's mine from the last week or two:

*Enforce the rules!

*If the principal and a teacher are next to each and both see a student break a rule, the principal needs to speak up! I have no problem as a teacher enforcing the rules, but when I'm right next to the principal and he says nothing when a student clearly breaks the rule, it puts me in a bad spot. You're the leader, be one.

*Quit giving false praise.

*If you are a supervise, SUPERVISE. Don't talk to other adults the whole time without watching the kids. Don't stand in one spot. Don't be on your phone. Dear principal, it's bad enough when teachers don't actively supervise, but it's a whole 'other ball game when YOU don't actively supervise and instead stand in a corner as far as away as possible from the crowd and shoot the breeze with people.

*If a student is tardy, their tardy. If they overslept, it's unexcused. Quit changing it to excused in our database!

*If two employees are married or in a relationship, I expect there will be some affection, but full blown making out in front of the whole school is unprofessional.

*No, it's not okay for students to STAND on windowsills or WALK on windowsills...how the #### can a teacher or principal think that's okay?

*Don't say our detention numbers are down because behavior is improving, when really, it's just because you aren't giving detentions.

*Just because someone is going through a "hard time" at home or has a disability doesn't excuse them from rules or expectations. Someone is not allowed to tell teachers to #### off and have it be perfectly acceptable because her parents are going through a divorce. I get having sympathy for the situation, but it doesn't excuse the behavior!

*Telling teachers about an issue in a student's family is not violating confidentiality. If I have the student, knowing what's going on helps. I'm not going to gossip to others about it. In fact, keeping it a secret in the name of confidentiality is worse for confidentiality!
Teacherbee_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Emily26

Emily26

Ha!
Old 12-01-2018, 11:44 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Our librarian and our SPED IA are in a relationship, and they are regularly caught making out in various locations on campus. Be professionals, please. I don't want to see that and I especially don't want five-year-olds to see that!!

newbie17

Yes to all of these!
Old 12-08-2018, 11:07 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Please enforce the rules and don't let a kid off the hook because of a disability. When a kid hits a therapist and the principal the kid should be disciplined, NOT have an empty threat of a phone call home.

newbie17 is offline   Reply With Quote