Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

Travel advise for Pagosa Springs CO

>

Hammy6714

Travel advise for Pagosa Springs CO
Old 06-16-2019, 09:19 AM

My whole family (mom, dad, sister, niece, nephew brother in law and my family of 4) are gong on vacation in a week to Pagosa Springs Colorado....does anyone have a "MUST DO" or even a "Don't Do!?" I've done a bunch of research but I'm still a little overwhelmed as to what we should do for activities! Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Hammy6714 is offline   Reply With Quote

kahluablast

Old 06-16-2019, 09:28 AM

Water is running fast and high.

The hot springs are really nice in the cool evening. Playing in the river is fun if is slows down before then. If you like rafting, there are some good raft trips leaving out of town. Frisbee golf is fun on the mountain in right in town. Bike trails are all over. Turkey springs, up by Pagosa Lakes is my favorite place to ride. Relatively flat, but still has some ups and downs. Hikes? Piedra river is a beautiful hike. Again, flat and has terrific scenery. A little further up the road is Williams reservoir. Stunningly beautiful. Fishing is good there, and a good place for a picnic. Bathroom facilities there. There are some great hikes up that way, but they do go up. Up. Up.

If you tell me what you like to do, I can suggest some things.

Plenty of places to eat. Riff raff has the best Nachos. Pagosa Brew pub has great fried salmon. Boss Hog has great dinners plus a good salad bar and soup bar. Chavalos is good for Mexican and bloody Mary’s. That is my breakfast place. Machaca burrito and ask them to smother it in green chili. Yum, yum.

Chimney Rock is just west and a good historic place. I enjoy going there. There is a wildlife refuge just south of town on 84. They have a feeding time (look up the time. 2 or 4?). That I thought interesting. Just seeing the Grizzly fed was worth it to me.

A ride to Durango is fun if you need the “city.” Shopping and more food choices.

That is my favorite place on earth.
kahluablast is offline   Reply With Quote

1956BD

All I remember
Old 06-16-2019, 09:28 AM

is they have thermal hot springs full of natural minerals. you can smell the sulfur in the air. But the hot water feels really good.
1956BD is online now   Reply With Quote

Shelby3

river rafting
Old 06-16-2019, 09:31 AM

Durango isn't too far away to raft on the Animas River. Probably need to make reservations now.
The train from Durango up to Silverton is beautiful and fun, but so is the drive.
Shelby3 is online now   Reply With Quote

cvt

Pagosa Springs
Old 06-16-2019, 09:39 AM

DH and I stayed overnight in a B&B just outside of PS so I didn't see as much of the area as I would have liked to.

I want to add to kahluablast's list of places to eat:
Thai Pagosa: I loved the place as it was cozy and a place where many locals eat, plus their Thai food is good. Also Pagosa Baking Company & Cafe for coffee and some real artisan bread. Again lots of locals there. When we were there two years ago there was some sort of political meeting in front on the patio.

cvt is offline   Reply With Quote