Kindergarten

Very difficult parent

>

Lanieob

Very difficult parent
Old 11-18-2019, 05:32 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hello,
I have a very difficult parent this year. She is known as being a nightmare for previous teachers. She claims to be a sped teacher. At our conference last week- she claimed that her son is learning disabled- she insisted on testing- but he was not identified as a result of testing at her request- too young. This mother wants things to be wrong and I swear- wants her kids to have a label. Her son is very young- he was not identified for an IEP. He is young, young, young- he could also show up as learning disabled in the future but he right now- he is also a very developmentally young boy in Kindergarten.
My problem- I think she does not like me as I draw the line with her- in a nice way. She is always looking for a fight. Today- she sent in "The Poop Book" with her son. He was sharing it with classmates before morning meeting and of course it riled up the kindergartners. I told him to put it in his backpack before circle time. I get an email tonight from his mother- her son was so disappointed and so sad he couldn't share- she wants me to account for what is going on- seems like I am damaging him emotionally. She's tried this several times. Right now- I am ignoring her message. If pushed- I am going to respond. Please make sure you check with me before sending in anything to share- we have a very important learning schedule. Also- please let me know what your child would like to share. Any thoughts?

Lanieob is offline   Reply With Quote

Zia

Old 11-18-2019, 06:25 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I make it very clear before school even begins that kids can only bring stuff from home on Show-n-Tell day.
Zia is offline   Reply With Quote

Sbkangas5

Old 11-18-2019, 07:18 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

You aren't going to please this parent, so don't try.
As for the sharing, as Zia said we make it clear to all that they are not to bring anything to share unless it is on a specific day.
If you feel the need to respond I would simply say "I'm sorry he was disappointed. I look forward to seeing what he chooses to share on his show and tell day (or whatever it is you do)." Stay simple and concise and respond like you would to any other parent.
Sbkangas5 is offline   Reply With Quote