Help

Kindergarten

Need ideas for Grinch Day

>

iteachk2010

Need ideas for Grinch Day
Old 12-08-2019, 07:34 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

We are Preschool-Grade 1 School. This year we are having more "fun" school-wide themed days. Our last themed day was Pumpkin Day. We set up a pumpkin patch in the area behind our school and all the students had a chance to pick their own small pumpkins to decorate and take home. There was a photo opportunity-bales of hay, scarecrow, pumpkins... Teachers did projects with their classes which were displayed up and down the hallways.

On Friday, our school is having Grinch Day. Everyone is wearing green. All students will have a paper heart. They will draw/write about an act of kindness. There is a large cutout of the Grinch posted in the hall. All the hearts will go on the wall around the Grinch to help his heart grow larger. There is a paper tree displayed in the main hallway with an ornament for each class. At the end of the week, the Grinch takes the ornaments off the tree and hides them. Classes will go on a hunt to find their ornament to put back on the tree. There will be 18 different holiday pictures displayed throughout the building ahead of time so teachers can do a scavenger hunt with their classes and and check off the pictures as they see them. In my classroom, my students will do a STEM activity-Design a sled to carry the most presents. (from TPT) This coming week is the Hour of Code so I am working on a unplugged coding activity for my students to do. (Help the Grinch Return the Presents)

Does anyone have any other ideas that would be fun for younger students to do? (3-7 years old)

iteachk2010 is offline   Reply With Quote

Song of Joy

Old 12-08-2019, 10:33 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Are you allowed to make fruit skewers? I just saw really cute Grinch fruit skewer on a toothpick. From top down it is: mini marshmallow, strawberry cap, slice of banana, green grape.
Song of Joy is online now   Reply With Quote

iteachk2010

Old 12-08-2019, 10:43 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

That sounds yummy! I might try that.
iteachk2010 is offline   Reply With Quote

Violets2

Old 12-29-2019, 07:35 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Your Grinch Day sounds so much fun as do your STEM activities. I hope they enjoyed the day
Violets2 is offline   Reply With Quote